Emby Live TV needs work? Or is it me?

TheWERLD

Nothing wrong with that at all.  Different tools and software and each has a place.
They just have very different functionality is all.

• Agree 1

JaconJR
10 hours ago, cayars said:

Of course as it's just a dumb player.

It doesn't have to do all the things Emby needs to do like share one stream with DVR and multiple people watching the same channel.
Transcoding the channel/stream when needed, etc. Not to mentioned the lack of good Guide Data.

There is no guide data you need to use the xml from your iptv provider but yeah, almost always incomplete is an understatement.

• Like 1

jachin99
On 10/26/2021 at 9:46 AM, ebr said:

If you go to your guide, hit the "..." (or little tag icon in Android TV), select a tag (or two or three or...) and return to the guide you get the guide with only channels with those tags.

It might accomplish the same purpose but it's a little more difficult to apply your filter options IMO.  I think something like a side panel maybe on the left side of the screen where users  can scroll through groups instead of checking boxes would be more accessible.  My family ofen complains about how big my guide is and the filter options don't really seem like a good answer.  I just usually just use the channels screen myself because I don't know any channel numbers and I can sort them alphabetically that way.  It would be nice to just quickly bring a wife channels channel group.

17 hours ago, jachin99 said:

It might accomplish the same purpose but it's a little more difficult to apply your filter options IMO.  I think something like a side panel maybe on the left side of the screen where users  can scroll through groups instead of checking boxes would be more accessible.  My family ofen complains about how big my guide is and the filter options don't really seem like a good answer.  I just usually just use the channels screen myself because I don't know any channel numbers and I can sort them alphabetically that way.  It would be nice to just quickly bring a wife channels channel group.

So you are saying you agree with my assessment above?

jachin99

I think I do.  The functionality seems ok but switching groups in the UI is a little cumbersome