Problems sorting Home Videos in collections

HansWurst

HansWurst

Hello,

I am doing some sorting in home media. My Goal is making collections per year, videos from 2019 go to collection 2019, videos from 2018 go to collection 2018 and so on.

When starting I also sorted the media new on the server.

homemedia\2019\

-film1.mkv

-film2.mkv

was the starting configuration, I changed it so every movie was stored in its own folder, means:

homemedia\2019\film1\film1.mkv  and homemedia\2019\film1\film1.mkv.

After that I created the collections and everything worked fine.

Because Kodi didn't work as expected with this folder struckture, I changed it back to the old structure (all films of one year in one folder) and did a new metadata screening.

And now it does not work anymore. All films of the years 2019 and 2017 are sorted to the collection of the "Es Filmreihe (2017)" ("It Collections 2017") and I really have no idea, what the problem is.

When manually deleting the movies from the collection they dissapear in that collection. But when I try to put them back in a collection "2017" or "2019" it always goes to "Es". Using "2017x" or "2019x" works. Any suggestions, what the hell I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

All films of the years 2019 and 2017 are sorted to the collection

Hi, what do you mean by "sorted to the collection"? What collection do you mean?

HansWurst

Excuse my clumpsy English. I meant:

- There is an existing movie collectino for the "normal" (not home!) movies of the "It" Films. This one: https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/477962

- I created collections for all of my home videos. Each collection contains a year and is named "as the year": 2010, 2011, 2012.....

- It works for all years, but not for the years 2017 and 2019. When I try to create such a collection, it fails. Every home movie I try to add to the collections "2017" and "2019" go to the "It-Collection"

- Obviously the It movies where released in 2017 and 2019. But I don't understand the problem why emby puts the home movies of this two years to the "It collection".

Hopefully this report was more clearly.

Hi, no idea why you see this happening and would need screen shots and logs to try and figure this out.

But as a simple test could you try something for us.  Go into the IT collection and remove both movies from it. (3 dot menu on each movie followed by remove from collection).
Do the same for any 2017 or 2019 collections that might be in place.

Now without these 3 collections present on your system what happens if you try to add a couple of the 2017 home movies to a new collection you name 2017 Collection?
Same with home movies from 2019 creating a new 2019 Collection?

• Thanks 1

HansWurst

Hi, thanks for reply.

I did another workaround: Create a collection "2017x", attach the home videos to this collectoin and rename "2017x" to "2017" when ready. This works, but I am afraid, I will have to redo this after every library scan.

Next time I will remove the "It"-Collectoin as you recommended.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 12:52 PM, HansWurst said:

When manually deleting the movies from the collection they dissapear in that collection. But when I try to put them back in a collection "2017" or "2019" it always goes to "Es". Using "2017x" or "2019x" works. Any suggestions, what the hell I am doing wrong?

1 hour ago, HansWurst said:

Because when emby scans all the metadata, the movies of 2017 and 2019 go to the "It"-Collection.

Do you have NFO files saved to your media folders? If so you want to check the NFO files as it sounds like to me that the NFO still have the wrong collections in it.
If for example you go into the Collections and delete the collection it's probably not removing the entry from the NFO file and will come back.

If you go into the collection, highlight the movies you want to remove, click the 3 dot menu and choose the remove from collection menu item this will update the NFO file and stop it from coming back.

So could you check on that?

• Thanks 1

HansWurst

This could be the problem.

I checked the nfo-files

In 2015 movies there is  <set tmdbcolid="330075">   The TVDB does not know this ID.

In 2019 movie-files there is <set tmdbcolid="477962"> This is indeed the TVDB-ID for the It-collection

In a 2016 movie file there is no tvmdbcolid at all.

I am not really able to understand the problem. Where saves emby the information about the collections I created by myself? Should I simply delete the tmdbcol-id from the nfo-file?

If these are still collections on your server open a collection and select the 3 dot menu on a movie and then choose remove from collection.
Now look at the NFO file again.  Is the collection ID removed from the NFO? If so you'll be fine moving forward. 

Now take the same of other movie that you want to add to a custom collection (no tmpdbcolid available for it).  Do a quick check of the NFO to see if there is any collection info in it. Assuming there is not, add the movie to the new custom collection and then look at the NFO file again.  Did it add your new collection?

<set tmdbcolid="264">
    <name>Back to the Future Collection</name>
  </set>
  <uniqueid type="Imdb">tt0088763</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="Tmdb">105</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="TmdbCollection">264</uniqueid>
  <tmdbcollectionid>264</tmdbcollectionid>

Now look at the above taken from an NFO file for the first Back to the Future movie.  Notice the redundant info there done a few different way by different software?
That type of thing can cause an issue so just be aware of it.

HansWurst
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

If these are still collections on your server open a collection and select the 3 dot menu on a movie and then choose remove from collection.
Now look at the NFO file again.  Is the collection ID removed from the NFO? If so you'll be fine moving forward. 

(...)

OK. I already get stuck here. The movie ist not in the collection (I already removed it there and attached it to the custom collection "2019"), but in the nfo there is still the tvdb-id:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <plot><![CDATA[Information

More information (...)]]>
  </plot>
  <outline />
  <customrating>DE-0</customrating>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2019-10-20 00:00:00</dateadded>
  <title>Title</title>
  <year>2019</year>
  <sorttitle>2019-xx</sorttitle>
  <mpaa>DE-0</mpaa>
  <language>de</language>
  <countrycode>DE</countrycode>
  <runtime>46</runtime>
  <set tmdbcolid="477962">
    <name>2019</name>
  </set>
  <art>
    <poster>\\path</poster>
    <fanart>\\path</fanart>
  </art>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>28238645</bitrate>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>50</framerate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>45</duration>
        <durationinseconds>2733</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>192000</bitrate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>

<set tmdbcolid="477962">
    <name>2019</name>
</set>

That collection ID is for It Collection (2019)
https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/477962?language=pt-EN

That explains why it keeps getting added back to that collection.
Did you by chance ever use Ember Media Manager?
That's what that tag looks like to me.

Here is what I would do to remedy this problem. 
Remove the bad collection if it happens be present.

Download and install Notepad++ if you don't have it all ready.
Do a search for the bracketed collection <set tmdbcolid="477962"> in NFO files across your movie collection like this.

image.png.df5eaf5953f1e8bb797a52f5c480d0df.png

image.png.9155bdef82daa4b42826a8025c93ffe7.png

You will get a list of nfo files that have this NFO collection. Edit each one and remove all collection related info.

After editing all files do a full library scan in Emby and see if the IT Collection appeared or not.  If it does you likely missed an NFO file or two so re-edit those. Do another full library scan if needed. Do this until that collection is gone.

Now add the movies back to the collection doing something like:

Go to movie library, apply a filter for all movies with year 2019. Now multi-select each and every movie that appears. Click the 3 dot menu up top and add it to a Collection. Create a New Collection named 2019.  Wait for it to add which may take a bit as it likely has many files to add.

How do things look now for 2019?
Repeat for other years as needed.

• Thanks 1

HansWurst

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I never used ember, don't even know it. All the metadata was edited by emby-web-interface (via Browser from the Windows-PC).

I did the search with notepad++ and as espected all private movies from the years 2017 and 2019 have the string in ther nfos.

I deleted the string in every file and did another search with notepad which didn't find the string by now, what means, I really deleted it. After that I did a library rescan and created the collections 2017 and 2019.

It seems to work, but: One file from 2019 got the string again (all others didn't). And the background of the "2017" is a "It"-Background again. Don't know why.

The Original-It-Collection I didn't affect anyway.

Strange thing.

I'd take another look at that one file's NFO really closely as the collection could still be there written a different way.
You could also just try and remove it from the collection to see if that works as well.

It sounds like you're almost home free now.

• Thanks 1

HansWurst

Well it works anyway (as long as I do no complete rescan of my home movies).

But it is strange anyway. For some reason Emby added the movies of the both years 2017 and 2019 to the It-collection. The only connection I can see is, that the It movies are from 2017 and 2019. But it worked without problems for all the other years, and of course I have movie collections from other years (where it worked), too.

Thanks so far, I think I will not find the issue.