Force direct play for liveTV

Rianscott

Rianscott

Would it be possible to have an option to force direct play for live TV and for recordings. (I believe mainly for UK users).

Emby always wants to transcode many of the live TV channels and their recording due to the interlace . I can select external player and play the stream as direct play but emby native player always wants to transcode on Android. I would just like an option so I don't have to wait 40 seconds to watch specific channels or recordings from those channels..

Thanks in advance

Edited by Rianscott

MBSki

The option is already available in Android TV. Just enable Direct Play for ts files in Playback. If you set it to direct play though, you won't be able to seek. 

Rianscott

Thanks for that but I meant to mention I'm using the Android app on a tablet and phone. This is where I would like the feature. If it's available on Android TV then would it be possible to migrate it to the Android app for phones and tablets?

Thanks for your suggestion

MBSki
2 minutes ago, Rianscott said:

Thanks for that but I meant to mention I'm using the Android app on a tablet and phone. This is where I would like the feature. If it's available on Android TV then would it be possible to migrate it to the Android app for phones and tablets?

Thanks for your suggestion

Ah, yes, I agree! 😁 I've asked this before because I have the opposite problem when watching on my Android phone. It automatically direct plays for me and I can't seek.

@Luke This has been requested previously, but can you please add the toggle for "direct play ts" that is in @ebr's Android TV app?

• 1 year later...
horstepipe

I'm wondering about direct playing active recordings.

Currently the container has to be remuxed although direct play and direct play ts files are enabled.

Is this expected behavior? Shield Tube, Android TV Beta.

Best regards

• 9 months later...
horstepipe
On 2/4/2023 at 12:15 PM, horstepipe said:

Yes it is direct playing there, thanks!

Hopefully you‘ll get seeking to work there.

Wondering whether there is any improvement about that on the horizon?

14 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Also, will this also come to TVOS somewhen?

HI, yes we are working on improving it. Thanks.

• Facepalm 1