Server crashing semi-randomly (Imageprocessing-ConvertImageToLocal)

Vitz
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Vitz said:

Bingo. It refers me to an album I have, which contains an M3U file. I know this is a playlist file and 160690 explicitly refers to it as "Playlist". Can I safely assume this is the offender? I deleted it either way. It serves no purpose.

Yes this would appear to be the case.  Please monitor and report back.  

Was the content of this playlist  just one album?  It could be something with that album but seems to be just a issue with the server trying to create a dymanic image for that playlist. 

Pretty sure the m3u will automatically recreate the playlist though.  Does the album have album art?

But will do some testing myself with m3u with album.

17 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes this would appear to be the case.  Please monitor and report back.  

Was the content of this playlist  just one album?  It could be something with that album but seems to be just a issue with the server trying to create a dymanic image for that playlist. 

Pretty sure the m3u will automatically recreate the playlist though.  Does the album have album art?

But will do some testing myself with m3u with album.

Yes, the M3U was for a single album. I deleted said album entirely. It was still MP3 and I'm in the process of switching everything over to FLAC anyway. There should be no trace of item 160690 left. I'm going to keep an eye on it, though. If the server runs without crashes for a week, I'll mark this thread as solved.

Could I perhaps trouble you to change the thread title to something more appropriate? I jumped to conclusions and if anyone arrives at this thread from Google etc, they won't get any use out of it if their problem is transcoding-related.

Many thanks to you and @cayars! There's a lot to be said about open source solutions like Jellyfin, but their communities don't offer the amount of support I'd get from you guys. I gladly pay the €5 a month for Emby Premiere.

Edited by Vitz

Happy2Play

Updated topic title and no worries as troubleshooting some of these topics is guesswork.

But this is something @Lukemay need to look into as this is not the only topic these collage images has created a issue.

If by any chance the deleted album is in your recycle bin could you make a zip of it and PM it to me?

I would love to add this to a test system to try and reproduce your problem so we can find the issue and fix it!
Something like this should never crash the server.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

7 minutes ago, cayars said:

If by any chance the deleted album is in your recycle bin could you make a zip of it and PM it to me?

I would love to add this to a test system to try and reproduce your problem so we can find the issue and fix it!

The second I got rid of it I was like "Damn, that might have been worth analysing". Sorry, without data recovery (that I don't know how to perform from shell), it's gone.

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

A guess would be something corrupt in the database entry for that item.

image.png.3a1fd5596692b73fab44bea5b26cbe4f.png

@Vitzdo you by chance have a copy of your database?

I do have a copy of the database before I deleted the item. I don't reckon that would be a smart thing to share publicly, though. I assume it contains my public-facing server details, for example. And possibly the users? Unless they're on a separate database. I know the passwords are hashed but it's still not something I'm willing to upload for everyone to see.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Vitz said:

I do have a copy of the database before I deleted the item. I don't reckon that would be a smart thing to share publicly, though. I assume it contains my public-facing server details, for example. And possibly the users? Unless they're on a separate database. I know the passwords are hashed but it's still not something I'm willing to upload for everyone to see.

Actually no it contain your media and a userdata table with users as a id that connects to the users.db.  But for the size as mentioned you would need to provide a like to say one drive in a pm.  But all I would like to see it what is in the image column of mediaitems table for item id 160690.

5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Actually no it contain your media and a userdata table with users as a id that connects to the users.db.  But for the size as mentioned you would need to provide a like to say one drive in a pm.  But all I would like to see it what is in the image column of mediaitems table for item id 160690.

You have a PM.

Zip it up and send it to @Happy2Play and myself.  It will compress to a small file.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

Zip it up and send it to @Happy2Play and myself.  It will compress to a small file.

already done in PM I added you to.

• Like 1

I've looked at this a few different ways and can't find anything wrong database wise either.

I checked the database integrity, foreign key constraint and a couple of other checks and nothing wrong that I can see.

I added this album to my test server and it loaded it just fine.

I'm about to turn in for the night but will give it another look in the morning.

Q-Droid

Next time it crashes and before you restart check to see if systemd has info about the crash. If emby can't log the failure then it's possibly external to the app.

systemctl status -l emby-server

Also check the syslog for entries related to the crash and/or around the same time.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Best guess is this has something to do with a album m3u file actually having the m3u listed in the playlist also and possibly sending the server into a loop, but currently unable to replicate the issue.

• 2 weeks later...