Indicator to show movies already added to a collection.

DrBoneSaw

DrBoneSaw

I would like to see when I go into a folder in my Movie Series to add movies to an already existing collection a indicator on the items that have already been added to a collection making it easier to only add those items to the collection that aren't part of it yet. Example I've slowly been getting the Abbott And Costello movies (37 in all) and it would of been nice to open the series folder and see which ones had already been added to the collection so I know which ones still need to be added. Thanks

GrimReaper

As a workaround, you can enable "Group items in collections" in your Library three-dot menu, hence all movies not yet assigned will be listed separately whereas all those already added will be "hidden" behind Collection poster. Makes it easy to identify unassigned ones. 

roaku
39 minutes ago, DrBoneSaw said:

I would like to see when I go into a folder in my Movie Series to add movies to an already existing collection a indicator on the items that have already been added to a collection making it easier to only add those items to the collection that aren't part of it yet. Example I've slowly been getting the Abbott And Costello movies (37 in all) and it would of been nice to open the series folder and see which ones had already been added to the collection so I know which ones still need to be added. Thanks

Iconic has a 'collection' rule for Movies where you can have an icon appear on the image for any movie that's in a collection with a name you provide.

Is that close to what you're looking for?

• Like 1

DrBoneSaw

I just went into Movie Series, checked Group Items Into Collections, put it on folders, opened Abbott And Costello and all showing as if I didn't check the one option. Maybe I'm missing something.

In the meantime I'll checkout Iconic. Thanks for the link

roaku
3 minutes ago, DrBoneSaw said:

Just checked out Iconic and no it doesn't do what I'm looking for, but thanks for the suggestion.

It does add icons to movies that are in collections based on that collection's name.

Can you help me understand the difference between that feature and what you're looking for?

DrBoneSaw
40 minutes ago, roaku said:

It does add icons to movies that are in collections based on that collection's name.

Can you help me understand the difference between that feature and what you're looking for?

I'll give it another shot. I had to miss something cause once I clicked save and restarted the server I still don't have a new icon on the movies that are in collections.

Screenshot_20211004_083649.png

Screenshot_20211004_084428.png

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, DrBoneSaw said:

I just went into Movie Series, checked Group Items Into Collections, put it on folders, opened Abbott And Costello and all showing as if I didn't check the one option. Maybe I'm missing something.

Each tab has its own settings and per the order you listed that would mean you did not set the option on the Folders tab.

• Agree 1

roaku

@DrBoneSaw

Based on what you're describing, you should set the Library selector at the top to the Movie library that your Abbott and Costello movies are in instead of your Collections library.

That will give you the rule set for movies to choose from, and the rule type you'll want is called 'Collection'.

Once you've created the rule and saved, you should start seeing the badge for any movie that is in the Collection you provided.

Hope that makes sense.

DrBoneSaw

On the servers main page under My Media: Collections, Last Night's, Movie Series(which on the HDD they're on are folders with the movies for that series in them), Movies(All loose files in it's partition0, Movies To Watch(Loose movies I haven't watched yet and Linked folders for Collections that will getting a new squeal sometime in the near future).

Just corrected my mistake at the top and switched to Movie Series

Screenshot_20211004_093213.png

Screenshot_20211004_093238.png

roaku
16 minutes ago, DrBoneSaw said:

On the servers main page under My Media: Collections, Last Night's, Movie Series(which on the HDD they're on are folders with the movies for that series in them), Movies(All loose files in it's partition0, Movies To Watch(Loose movies I haven't watched yet and Linked folders for Collections that will getting a new squeal sometime in the near future).

Just corrected my mistake at the top and switched to Movie Series

Screenshot_20211004_093213.png

Screenshot_20211004_093238.png

Is the icon showing on the movies you expect now?

DrBoneSaw

I'm not getting any icon on any of the movies that I have added to collections. The only thing I haven't done is create a new collection and see if it has to be new collections after the plugin is installed.

EDIT:

OK just created a new library and no added icon on the poster for the movies in it.

Edited by DrBoneSaw

roaku
8 minutes ago, DrBoneSaw said:

I'm not getting any icon on any of the movies that I have added to collections. The only thing I haven't done is create a new collection and see if it has to be new collections after the plugin is installed.

EDIT:

OK just created a new library and no added icon on the poster for the movies in it.

What is the name of the collection your Abbott and Costello movies are in? And have you added that name to the collection rule you created?

Edited by roaku

DrBoneSaw

OK got icons on the movies in the Abbott And Costello Series and just made a Fanstasic Four Series collection using two of the four movies in it and then added a new rule matching what I did for Abbott And Costello and I'm not getting the icon on the two that are in the new collection.

Screenshot_20211004_111745.png

roaku
5 minutes ago, DrBoneSaw said:

OK got icons on the movies in the Abbott And Costello Series and just made a Fanstasic Four Series collection using two of the four movies in it and then added a new rule matching what I did for Abbott And Costello and I'm not getting the icon on the two that are in the new collection.

Screenshot_20211004_111745.png

Well, that's good progress.

For the second rule, is it possible that you accidentally clicked on the *Extras* 'Add Collections Rule' instead of the *Movies* 'Add Collections Rule'?

Also, it can take up to a minute before Iconic detects that a movie has been added to a collection.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

DrBoneSaw

Looks like you called it but at the top it reverts back to collection and you have to reselect the correct library and then create the rule. Now have two movies in Fantastic Four Series that have the Icon as it should. Thanks for the plugin suggestion and thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

DrBoneSaw

I was wonder if there are plans to add the ability to simply select a folder and have Iconic go through and Mark the movies that are part of a series instead of having to do it folder by folder? Thanks

DrBoneSaw
On 10/10/2021 at 9:00 AM, DrBoneSaw said:

I was wondering if there are plans to add the ability to simply select a folder and have Iconic go through and Mark the movies that are part of a series instead of having to do it folder by folder? Thanks

@roaku can you please give me an answer to this? Thanks

@GrimReaper @Happy2Play would still like to see this as a native feature in Emby.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, DrBoneSaw said:

I was wonder if there are plans to add the ability to simply select a folder and have Iconic go through and Mark the movies that are part of a series instead of having to do it folder by folder? Thanks

I don't understand this.

Hi.  I'm not sure I understand the request either but one thing to understand about how this plug-in works is that it isn't a process that runs against your library as a task periodically like a metadata refresh.

This plug-in is called to modify an image at the time it is requested for display by an app.  Therefore, it cannot really "go through a folder" in your library.  It just acts on that image for that item based on the properties of the item and its settings.  It also needs to do its work as quickly as possible.

Just FYI.

GrimReaper

@roaku, I'll join the "don't quite understand" club, but my guess would be OP is asking for a badge on any movie belonging to any collection, irrespective of which one and without the need to specify Collection name under Collection rule:

IsPartOfAnyCollection=Yes>Badge.

Edited by GrimReaper
Bold

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

@roaku, I'll join the "don't quite understand" club, but my guess would be OP is asking for a badge on any movie belonging to any collection, irrespective of which one and without the need to specify Collection name under Collection rule:

IsPartOfAnyCollection=Yes>Badge.

If that's what's being requested, then the answer is:

It's been previously requested and added to my to do list.

I tried to implement it for the last release, but it ended up being more convoluted than expected so I moved on to other things.,

I'm not currently working on it, but will take another look at it at some point.

DrBoneSaw
2 hours ago, roaku said:

I don't understand this.

Yes I would like to see the ability to point the rule at say /mnt/Movie Series/ and have Iconic add a icon to each movie in Movie Series in Emby that is part of a collection. Thanks for taking the time to look at it again.

Edited by DrBoneSaw

DrBoneSaw
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I'm not sure I understand the request either but one thing to understand about how this plug-in works is that it isn't a process that runs against your library as a task periodically like a metadata refresh.

This plug-in is called to modify an image at the time it is requested for display by an app.  Therefore, it cannot really "go through a folder" in your library.  It just acts on that image for that item based on the properties of the item and its settings.  It also needs to do its work as quickly as possible.

Just FYI.

Then this goes back to the original request of possibly having Emby do it naively. Perhaps as an option when a library is being created.

GrimReaper

@Luke, is the ability to Group items into Collections lost when diving deeper into Folder view, as I see it in top-level three-dots menu option but not once inside any subfolder that contains items belonging to the same Collection? 

• Like 1