Do not show trailers

Cadkey

10 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I agree, hence I download all trailers locally and scrape all metadata externally, supplying Emby with only trailer-less NFOs. 

You should not, if you've enabled Generate video preview thumbnails in your Library settings, running Chapters image extraction task should generate those 

I have no Generate video preview, so I shouldn't see the thumbnails, while I see them empty, which is ugly.
Either we generate them and we see them, or we do not generate them and they should not be displayed.

rodainas
3 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

I have no Generate video preview, so I shouldn't see the thumbnails, while I see them empty, which is ugly.
Either we generate them and we see them, or we do not generate them and they should not be displayed.

That’s right.

This is what it looks like on a 65 "TV with an Nvidia Shield:

Screenshot_20210930-141057.thumb.png.3879d2cecbaadb400fb1e965877d2754.png

I think it would be nice if it didn't show up, or if there was an option to hide those huge empty thumbnails.
It takes up the whole screen!
Plex has not displayed this for several years now ...
Moreover, these chapters do not exist. It's Emby who generates them every 5 min ... and displays them

Edited by Cadkey

rodainas
13 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

This is what it looks like on a 65 "TV with an Nvidia Shield:

Screenshot_20210930-141057.thumb.png.3879d2cecbaadb400fb1e965877d2754.png

I think it would be nice if it didn't show up, or if there was an option to hide those huge empty thumbnails.
It takes up the whole screen!
Plex has not displayed this for several years now ...
Moreover, these chapters do not exist. It's Emby who generates them every 5 min ... and displays them

That’s weird, I don’t remember emby generating chapters for media, have you tested those files on a external player to doublecheck it?

GrimReaper

@ebr will have to comment on this, but AFAIR those are default placeholders whether you opt to generate thumbnails to fill them or not, they'll always show in ATV app. 

Yes, but in this example there is no chapter in my .mkv file. They are created by Emby. It's ugly on a TV anyway. Don't you think?
Another issue on Nvidia Shield, it is impossible to remove this 'Coming' episode line:

InkedScreenshot_20210930-151044_LI.thumb.jpg.a0371404ec131e7efc2b19db643d29cc.jpg

It's a shame on such a good device that the Emby app doesn't display everything correctly

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

Yes, but in this example there is no chapter in my .mkv file. They are created by Emby. It's ugly on a TV anyway. Don't you think?

As stated above, AFAIK yes, chapter markers are set at 5 mins default. And as I generate thumbnails and do make use of those markers, I don't find them ugly, but I can understand that them being plain like that might seem unappealing. 

Likewise, I don't mind "Upcoming" row - as far as it is populated with image, samevas Chapter markers.

I just cannot stand empty Remote trailer, hence I take precaution not to provide any to Emby. I'm fine with all the rest. 

3 hours ago, Cadkey said:

So my original request is that I don't want to have the 'trailers' button in a Films presentation page, nor see the 'youtube' thumbnails at the bottom.
How do I do?

I agree with you. 👍

I was just looking at the API and see we can pull info to find the YouTube Trailers.

Now I need to see how to change it.

@Cadkey Before I try this on my test system let me ask you.

Would you be interested in a work around that could help you for now?
What I have in mind is shutting down Emby Server and running a SQL script that would set that record to locked (meta-data) and remove the trailers from the database itself.
This would be pretty fast.

Any new media added could still get trailers added but the next time you run the script it would fix those up as well.

Is this something that would interest you?

Bonjour @cayarsHello,
Yes, I'm interested in being able to run a script that cleans the database. This is interesting for me since Emby server is on my Synology, the script can be launched by a task which stops Emby server, launches the SQL request and relaunches emby server.

Edited by Cadkey

Happy2Play

For trailers yes you would have to remove info from database, but it obviously is in item metadata so if it is ever reread then it is readded to database.  But the Trailers tab can not be removed per library.

Chapters placeholders should not exist if you do not have chapters or chapter images.  To me this is Client defect as the web client does not have this behavior.

As for Upcoming I guess you are the first to not want to see it but there are no options to not show specific things like this.

@Happy2Play, I don't want to see the trailers because I never use it and also because the thumbnail display on Nvidia Shield is very big and very ugly.
Likewise, the display of empty chapters is very ugly. It's a shame because for the rest the presentation of Emby is very well done (Nvidia Shield)
And Emby is very responsive and fun to use.

Edited by Cadkey

Happy2Play

Well you do not see the same thing in the Web Client correct?  To me this is a Client defect and yes I would have a issue if the web client displayed like this.

Screenshot_20210930-141057.png

1 hour ago, Cadkey said:

Bonjour @cayarsHello,
Yes, I'm interested in being able to run a script that cleans the database. This is interesting for me since Emby server is on my Synology, the script can be launched by a task which stops Emby server, launches the SQL request and relaunches emby server.

For a test run could you shutdown Emby and zip up your library.db file and send it to me?
You can also make a copy of your present library.db file right now in case you don't like the change (easy way to revert back).

I'll make the changes manually to your db to make sure there isn't any issue, zip it back up and send it to you for testing.

Send me a PM with a download link.