Do not show trailers

Cadkey

Hello,
I have Emby server on a Synology and I watch the videos to Nvidia Shield, and server is remotely connected to Android boxes.
How can I remove the trailers please?
Because I would like to no longer see the Youtube thumbnails at the bottom of all displays, and if possible no longer see the 'Trailer' button on Emby client.
I deleted the Trailers plugin but it didn't change the display
I searched but couldn't find how to remove the trailers.
Thank you

Hi, try going to Schedule Tasks and run the refresh internet channels job.

Wait until this completes and take another look.

Did that help?

thanks, but I don't have Internet Channels Job in Schedule Tasks
Is it linked to a plugin?

image.png.453110e438d334a3d06a57cbadb0eb0f.png

Edited by Cadkey

GrimReaper
23 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, try going to Schedule Tasks and run the refresh internet channels job.

Wait until this completes and take another look.

Did that help?

I think you misunderstood OP:

3 hours ago, Cadkey said:

I watch the videos to Nvidia Shield
How can I remove the trailers please?
Because I would like to no longer see the Youtube thumbnails at the bottom of all displays, and if possible no longer see the 'Trailer' button on Emby client.
I deleted the Trailers plugin but it didn't change the display. 

How would Refreshing Trailers channel solve that? Aside that OP likely doesn't have that task at all, seeing Trailers plugin is removed. 

GrimReaper

As a test, could you enable both NFO Reader and NFO Saver and then Edit Metadata>Save on one item that has Youtube trailer, then check in created NFO is there a <trailer> tag written. 

I do not have the 'Trailers' plugin nor an NFO file stored in my media.
I added a movie today, and still have the youtube trailer of this movie 😞

I can do your test but...
My libraries are on Gdrive (rclone).
If I do your test, I will have 700 NFO files in my Gdrive and it takes a long time to clean.

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

If I do your test, I will have 700 NFO files in my Gdrive and it takes a long time to clean.

You should not, you'll have only one, as it is created upon Editing/Refreshing Metadata. 

18 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Edit Metadata>Save on one item that has Youtube trailer

Besides, even if you create all of them by mistake, it's quite easy to search *.nfo and batch-delete. 

Ok
I did the test on a file, I activated the recording of .NFO.
I opened the metadata panel for a movie and saved it.
then I recovered this .NFO file from my library and found these lines in it:

<trailer> plugin: //plugin.video.youtube/? action = play_video & amp; videoid = yTRFjFDBByQ </trailer>
  <rating> 6.2 </rating>
  <year> 2013 </year>
  <mpaa> FR-U </mpaa>
  <imdbid> tt1235522 </imdbid>

I don't have the 'Trailer' plugin Installed, I don't understand why there is this link in the metadata

Youtube trailers are pulled with the meta-data so they are available to use on clients that can play YouTube trailers.

As an example for Top Gun (1986) I have these 2 entries in the NFO file

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=iCrUqt9Uf3E</trailer>
  <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=xa_z57UatDY</trailer>

If I go out to https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/744-top-gun and then using the menu go to trailers which lands me on this page
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/744-top-gun/videos?active_nav_item=Trailers you will see the same two trailers.

So my original request is that I don't want to have the 'trailers' button in a Films presentation page, nor see the 'youtube' thumbnails at the bottom.
How do I do?

Edited by Cadkey

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Cadkey said:

So my original request is that I don't want to have the 'trailers' button in a Films presentation page, nor see the 'youtube' thumbnails at the bottom.

Yes, and you cannot selectively scrape metadata fields, hence the only possible way I can think of is deleting <trailers> line from NFO and Refresh Metadata reading back from that same NFO. But first, you need that NFOs written and then those lines batch-deleted via Notepad++ regex. Hence I've asked you for a test. 

There is no way to do this presently as most people want this.
This data comes from themoviedb so you could disable that provider in the library setup.

The other way to remove them is by saving to NFO files and then using a small script that looks for new NFO files and removed <trailer> entries.
When they are removed from the NFO the library will re-read the NFO and remove those entries from the database.

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

Ok
I did the test on a file, I activated the recording of .NFO.
I opened the metadata panel for a movie and saved it.
then I recovered this .NFO file from my library and found these lines in it:

<trailer> plugin: //plugin.video.youtube/? action = play_video & amp; videoid = yTRFjFDBByQ </trailer>
  <rating> 6.2 </rating>
  <year> 2013 </year>
  <mpaa> FR-U </mpaa>
  <imdbid> tt1235522 </imdbid>

I don't have the 'Trailer' plugin Installed, I don't understand why there is this link in the metadata

Ok, now delete everything from <trailer> to <\trailer>, including those, and do Refresh Metadata>Replace all on that item. Disable TMDB scraper in library settings and make sure NFO reader is enabled before Refreshing. 

8 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Ok, now delete everything from <trailer> to <\trailer>, including those, and do Refresh Metadata>Replace all on that item. Disable TMDB scraper in library settings and make sure NFO reader is enabled before Refreshing. 

I don't understand.
Do I have to delete all the <Trailer> to <\trailer> tags one by one?

GrimReaper
Just now, Cadkey said:

I don't understand.
Do I have to delete all the <Trailer> to <\trailer> tags one by one?

You have only one NFO for now, let's test that one first, delete <trailer> node manually and do as stated above. If it works, you'll need to create NFOs for all items (Refresh on Library level) and batch-delete that line with Notepad++ regular expression, it'll take you a minute or two for all of them. 

GrimReaper

I still think it shouldn't take more than few minutes per folder. Nevertheless, as @cayars already stated, currently there is no server core capability to achieve your desired results, except going NFO route or disable TMDB meta-scraper alltogether. But that will not solve issue with existing items, only new ones. 

My files are on Gdrive, and it is impossible to create so many NFO files, I exceed the quota of the Gdrive API for several days.
Disable TMDB scraper in library settings and refresh data is enough?
If not, delete the database and rebuild it?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Cadkey said:

Disable TMDB scraper in library settings and refresh data is enough?
If not, delete the database and rebuild it?

Well, that's really not something anyone can suggest you or not, it all depends on personal preferences and what quality of data you'll get from the other meta-scrapers, as TMDB likely is the best provider for Movies (TV Shows are debatable). If you do decide to go with TMDB disabled, yes, Refresh Metadata>Replace All should suffice. 

Or wait for below FR to possibly be implemented at some point. 

Or use 3rd-party tool (like TMM) where you can selectively scrape metadata-fields, hence NOT scraping trailers from TMDB while using same provider for all other fields. 

GrimReaper

Hm, then likely Trailers plugin left some trails there. Besides manually editing db table or recreating library, can't think of any other way to get rid of those. Maybe @cayars or @Happy2Play might have some other idea. 

ok thank you for your help.
I'll keep the trailers for now.
The youtube thumbnails at the bottom of the film presentation pages look very ugly.
Same, I see the empty Chapters thumbnails and it's really not beautiful (Nvidia Shield)

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

The youtube thumbnails at the bottom of the film presentation pages look very ugly.

I agree, hence I download all trailers locally and scrape all metadata externally, supplying Emby with only trailer-less NFOs. 

8 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

Same, I see the empty Chapters thumbnails and it's really not beautiful (Nvidia Shield)

You should not, if you've enabled Generate video preview thumbnails in your Library settings, running Chapters image extraction task should generate those (or if opted so in Settings - adding new media also). If you already have it enabled and they still ain't generated, it might be something with Gdrive rclone, @rodainas might have some insight there.