AS1002T Emby DLNA/UPnP not showing in Win10 explorer

t0mAs

Hey!

Im quite new to the world of Emby, i'm using it for a few months now. 

I have a strange problem with the DLNA/UPnP feature. Every player in the house is able to see the UPnP server running, everything, but not Windows 10. 

I can access the server from Android (via Emby and other apps too), from PS3 (XMB and Movian as well), from my older Sony TV, even from Win Media Player on Win10 or VLC on Win 10, but not from explorer or Windows itself. When I was trying arround plex, it was showing in "My Computer" as a media server. My older Zyxel NAS was shown there, too. 

But I cant make this combo (asustor + emby) to work. 

Emby is updated to newest one, 4.6.4.0, and Dlna addon is the newest as well - 1.0.69.0. I had this problem a few updates before as well.

I have 4 Win 10 computers, but neither works. I can't add it from "My PC" upper ribbon menu "Access media", i can't add it via Settings-Devices-Add device-Other (DLNA). 

How to get the information, whats wrong? I tried the Dlna settings in emby, turned sdpa on/off, setting the SSDP interval to lower and higher numbers as well, but nothing works. 

Thanks, 
Tomas

Happy2Play

I have seen issues like this, but don't use DLNA at all any more.

The machine hosting Emby will show 

image.png.0d19af19ff2a8d801fb73005a0a754ea.png

But another machine VLC sees Emby but OS does not

image.thumb.png.e9793124a275dcdf42bc051a323d1846.png

12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log? thanks.

Attached, the newest one, as well a few older ones, maybe that help as well, but I enabled the DLNA logfile only today, when i was searching for logs. Is there any other log I can provide?

embyserver-63767865600.txt embyserver-63767945760.txt embyserver-63767986444.txt embyserver.txt embyserver-63767779206.txt

Ok so if you can access from windows media player then we know dlna works in general. The question is why is it not showing up in explorer.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, that's right. 

In a short period of time, i'll get my hands on an AS6204T, i'm really interested if this same problem will be there on another architecture (ARM vs x86-64). I'll definitely report after that. 

FrostByte

I haven't needed DLNA in forever :)  Just use SMB3 to connect to shares from windows explorer.  I'll load it now though

FrostByte

I'm either doing something wrong or something.  I'm not seeing DLNA client in win explorer either

OK, so at least I'm not alone :D

Few tests I made. 

Moving from AS1002Tv2 to AS6204T doesn't made any difference, so it's not architecture based problem. 

As these NAS-es support this feature, i just moved the disks from the smaller to bigger NAS, so no reinstall. 
As a try, i used another, blank drive with reinitialized system, clean install, and clean Emby install as well, but whit clean install there is no difference as well. 

As soon I install Plex from Asustor's AppCenter, DLNA is visible in Win10 explorer. The same happens, when I install the Docker based Jellyfin from AppCenter. 

I tried to use my "skills" and "knowledge", and pull the Docker version of Emby with Portainer CE. This was succesfull, but no DLNA in explorer, either. But it's more than likely i made some mistakes too, because I'm new in this docker/portainer world with all that linux configs :)

What else can I check next, or do, to make it work?

Edited by t0mAs

• 2 weeks later...