Playback quality

nickysilver
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, nickysilver said:

Here you go! (sorry for the delay. JUST got home from work)

embyserver.txt 1.33 MB · 0 downloads

Click on text "send a log from the app" in the post above, it's a link where you will find instructions how to submit a log from within the AndroidTV app, not server log. 

GrimReaper

Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new option on the user menu at the top of your app home page labelled "Send Log".  

NOTE

If you are using Android TV/Fire TV and your problem is with playback, please send the log directly from the playback OSD.
There will be an option on the "cog" menu.

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

nickysilver

Yes, I read that. I turned debit menu on, I see no new option to send a log electronically. I've looked on the android app, shut down reopen. I see no new menu item. I've looked on the app on my laptop I see no new menu item to send a log. I looked on the "user page."

It says there will be a new menu item.  I have searched both on the shield menus and on the mac. I see no new menus.

(Oh, btw, tit says to enter the "settings page and turn on the debug option" The debug option is on the log page, not the settings page.)

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, nickysilver said:

Yes, I read that. I turned debit menu on, I see no new option to send a log electronically. I've looked on the android app, shut down reopen. I see no new menu item. I've looked on the app on my laptop I see no new menu item to send a log. I looked on the "user page."

It says there will be a new menu item.  I have searched both on the shield menus and on the mac. I see no new menus.

(Oh, btw, tit says to enter the "settings page and turn on the debug option" The debug option is on the log page, not the settings page.)

You're looking at the wrong place. 

34 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

from within the AndroidTV app

You need to do it on Shield, in Emby for Android TV client app. Not on your Mac. Not from browser. Not server logs. In-app logs. 

nickysilver

Report sent to developer! (yay!)  Debug option is  under "general display"

I'm sure I seem like a moron, but, there is also a debit option on the server management web page-- and it doesn't really specify.

God, I feel like I bother you people constantly. I am sorry.

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Sit in front of your TV. Bring up Emby AndroidTV app. Go to Settings (Cog icon, top right on Home Screen). Select "General Display" tab. Scroll all the way down, tick "Enable debug options". 

Back up and start playing problematic item. Bring up OSD during playback and press cog icon (lower right). Press "Send logs". 

nickysilver

But the log I sent was NOT a problematic item! (I wa told to send something else. I'll send a problematic item now. (And then I'm going to eat something cause I worked all day)

nickysilver

i payed a movie with "jumpy" video ( like pretty good claymation) and sent a log again. (This file is not a problem if played with VLC,)

GrimReaper
33 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:
Then add the following information to your report in the forum:
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

nickysilver

I sent two logs one at   3:55 EST, one at 8:59 EST

User name: Nicky

I mean it's not a report, but I guess that's to identify it. 

Edited by nickysilver

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, nickysilver said:

I sent two logs one at   3:55 EST, one at 8:59 EST

I mean it's not a report, but I guess that's to identify it. 

That'll do.

17 hours ago, nickysilver said:

I sent two logs one at   3:55 EST, one at 3:59 EST

Hi.  I cannot see any playback in either log.  Did you sent them from the playback OSD after just a few seconds of problem playback?

There is so much "noise" in your logs related to failed loading of images that I just cannot see anything else (Android likes to compress them when it thinks things are old).

I'm not sure what to do here to get a look at why the direct access isn't working.  Maybe don't bring up the OSD at all - just play the item for a second or two then back out and send the log from the user menu on your home screen.

Thanks.

No, I mean problems with images loading in the Emby interface.  There are a ton of errors trying to load images in your log.

nickysilver

I sent a log at 10:22

User: Nicky

I just deleted the images I was using on my homepage to replace the icons for movies tv and collections

(I BET THEY ARE THE CULPRIT! I didn't think about them, because they were just the words matching the words underneath-- I sorta like clean)

See if that helps!