C' How to update Device Activity timestamp

pünktchen

pünktchen

First of all i've thought ISessionManager.CreateNewSession() or ISessionManager.AuthenticateNewSession() would auto update the device activity, provided DeviceName and DeviceId haven't been changed since the last session. But the device activity just retains the creation date and time.
(Btw. what is the difference between CreateNewSession and AuthenticateNewSession ?)

I've also thought ISessionManager.OnPlaybackProgress() would auto update the device activity, because it gets the SessionId and the session in turn has the DeviceName and DeviceId. But the device activity just retains the creation date and time.

I've also tried ISessionManager.LogSessionActivity() and ISessionManager.PingSession() but nothing helps. I can see the user, app and device in the Dashboard under Active Devices and Activity, but in the Devices manager the last activity doesn't change. It's always the one from creation. What i am missing?

pünktchen

Not yet, but in forseeable future the Device Cleaner plugin maybe gets an update to delete devices that where not active since a specified time. That would then delete also devices that are used for access control.

• Like 1

It's possible that not every single api endpoint updates it, but all you have to do is pull up the UI and it will get updated sooner or later.

Even if you do add this function, I can't imagine it will be so aggressive that this will end up mattering.

Like for example, if you're cleaning devices based on weeks or days then you'll be fine.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It's possible that not every single api endpoint updates it, but all you have to do is pull up the UI and it will get updated sooner or later.

In my case the client cannot pull up any UI, but it seems the rest api endpoint to ping a session is working if i use the user access token for that specific session instead of any general api key. But it would be so much faster with a pure C# api endpoint.