Conifgure iPTV with m3u to show only by tag

XDavidT

XDavidT

I just got m3u channels from Aliexpress and it work with IPTV application.
After trying load m3u the channels is missed up and I can find my channels only under "tags", and even there they not working..

Also in the emby app (for samsung tv) trying to change channel using the channel switcher, nothing happen - need to return to channel menu and select again.

1. Is there chance to order my channels ?
2. is there option to work with channels with channel switch ?

Hi, looking at your video it looks like you have VOD channels mixed in with your TV channels.
You will want to remove these VOD channels only keeping the actual TV channels.

You'll likely want to also filter this down to only languages and countries you are interested in.
We can't speak of channels numbers or things like that without having a look at the m3u file to see if this info is included or not.

If you want you can send me a PM with the m3u attached and we can take a look at this for you.

BillOatman

Not sure what client hardware you have, but if you have an android TV box like a shield or a newer chromecast or Tivo Stream you might take a look at an IPTV app called TiviMate.  I think you will find it much more usable for your channels as well as your VOD as it has collapsible groups of channels for example and works extremely well.  I keep live TV running in Emby as well for my off site kids.  But I use an app called IPTVBoss to take the providers m3u file and trim it down to the bare essentials for the kids.  They primarily watch a couple local channels and sports channels.  So I only keep active sports enabled in IPTVBoss. So for example I now have NFL channels enabled and not NHL or NBA.  This keeps the number of channels reasonable for Emby and IPTVBoss numbers them in the order I define so that's the order they show up in Embys guide.  xTeVe is another m3u editor and there are a few online options I believe.

IMO the state of Emby live tv is a good entry level.  I think if the Emby dev team had someone who focused on nothing but live TV for a [fairly significant] period of time and was experienced in how other platforms/products handled it, it could be transformed into something very special.  The raw materials seem to all be in place.  Just needs some TLC.

Edited by BillOatman