Live TV on Android TV need Transcoding, WHY ?

nunuxx

Do I really have to repeat all I already said?

Waow... Please read this thread omg

With iptv plugin (yes the PLUGIN) : it doesn't work ONLY with android TV app + I have log error :

1630357296.jpg.590916d2eaefe59dcfb951092a2bb1db.jpg.41e3dc9aba79ab086d1d4103aec906aa.jpg

BUT working FINE with browser on my computer :

1630338004.jpg.5e13579661d505c4a5c4bac07abc3857.jpg.457b373bc8fc250c1cf37b63a4b687f8.jpg

And works FINE too on Android Smartphone app

---

I tried to increase bitrate limit from android tv app :

16308714034738292485344306658150.thumb.jpg.5abcac7bcebbb1961de09d059a25d8bc.jpg.1399a3bec3e0a26e4ce09d0f94bc04e2.jpg.d38b49e3cfb93fc333174f65bac47643.jpg

DOES NOT change anything.

----

Then @ebr asked to try to setup my Live TV in the Live TV/DVR section of the Emby Server + DELETE iptv PLUGIN.

So I tried .. and I had this error :

---

Now my question is : WHy Android TV can't handle this iptv url, while android or browser can easily...?

Regards

So I tried .. and I had this error :

Hi, can we please see the Emby Server log from when you tried this? Thanks.

The IPTV plugin is definitely not what you want so we need to investigate the issues with setting this up properly as a tuner.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

⚠️ I solved this

How? I just installed the emby android smartphone/tablet app on my android tv box... LOL

What's the deal? All is fine with this version, why you give android tv version while your android version is working fine on it? 🤔

You should do something for it? It's better to have emby android tv from playstore than what I did.

Will you?

jachin99

I'm on beta server 4.7.0.13 and getting direct play errors on my shield TV Pro 2019 for live TV on Verizon cable with a HDHR prime.  I noticed this a while ago, even before switching to beta.  I can also post about this in the testing area but for now here are some logs.  It might be unrelated but I have also noticed emby having trouble with recordings that have been converted to MP4 after commercial removal.  These files play fine on the web app, and in other programs.  

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-directstream-55eb7fca-6ce7-42fc-9d3b-da1ec9c54ffa_1.txt

Edited by jachin99

19 hours ago, jachin99 said:

These files play fine on the web app, and in other programs.

Are they direct playing there?

In order to diagnose a direct play error, we would need to see a log from the app right after that occurs. 

Thanks.

jachin99
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Are they direct playing there?

In order to diagnose a direct play error, we would need to see a log from the app right after that occurs. 

Thanks.

For my MP4 file and live TV, i get a video codec not supported message and emby transcodes in the web app..  I sent logs from the android TV app

58 minutes ago, jachin99 said:

For my MP4 file and live TV, i get a video codec not supported message and emby transcodes in the web app..  I sent logs from the android TV app

Okay, there actually isn't an error it is just that you have disabled the option to direct play live TV.  The next version of the app will show that properly in the stats.