Jump to content

Continue Watching broken after update to 4.6.4.0


Monkrocker
 Share

Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Recommended Posts

Had nothing in my CW list pre-update.  Post update I have like 20 things.  None of them have a progress bar, so I am assuming it's showing me the next episode (they are all TV shows).

Actually I just confirmed:  if I mark one as Watched, the next episode appears in this list.

 

As I was searching thru  topics for this issue, I saw a reference to showing the Next episode being an option somewhere?  I can't seem to find it if it is, but I would like to turn this off.

TIA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Hi.  Continue Watching and Next Up were merged in 4.6.  If you would like the old behavior, select "Next Up (Legacy)" for one of your home screen rows in the home screen settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Continue Watching and Next Up were merged in 4.6.  If you would like the old behavior, select "Next Up (Legacy)" for one of your home screen rows in the home screen settings.

Okay but what if I don't want Next Up at all?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Monkrocker said:

Okay but what if I don't want Next Up at all?

 

We don't really have a solution for that at this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Continue Watching and Next Up were merged in 4.6.  If you would like the old behavior, select "Next Up (Legacy)" for one of your home screen rows in the home screen settings.

Marked this as solution, but loss of functionality I actually used isn't really a solution, per se.  But at least now I understand what I'm seeing.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Monkrocker said:

Marked this as solution, but loss of functionality I actually used isn't really a solution, per se.  But at least now I understand what I'm seeing.

Thanks!

You can sort "Next Up (Legacy)" as the last section in your Home Screen settings, below "Latest Media", that way it'll be out of your way and you'll hardly ever see it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GrimReaper said:

You can sort "Next Up (Legacy)" as the last section in your Home Screen settings, below "Latest Media", that way it'll be out of your way and you'll hardly ever see it. 

Continue Watching is the only section I use.  v🙃v

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Monkrocker said:

Continue Watching is the only section I use.  v🙃v

Yes, I understood, but if you want it to show ONLY items for continuing, you need Next Up (Legacy) enabled, as @ebr pointed out. Hence enable it and move it out of the way, so you'll keep CW functionality as you are used to. 

Edit: Ahhhh, or you have no Latest on Home screen? That's an unusual one. In that case it won't work. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Yes, I understood, but if you want it to show ONLY items for continuing, you need Next Up (Legacy) enabled, as @ebr pointed out. Hence enable it and move it out of the way, so you'll keep CW functionality as you are used to. 

Edit: Ahhhh, or you have no Latest on Home screen? That's an unusual one. In that case it won't work. 

Yeah my Home Screen is just Movies, TV Shows, Collections across the top, then Continue Watching.  That's it.

I get it.  My use-case is unusual.  C'est la vie.  I appreciate the suggestions, however. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...