Auto-Organize movies in subdirectories.

vra1974
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

vra1974

Hi. 
Sometimes, torrent movies are downloaded in the root folder of my movie folder.
I have now about 500 movies in it.

How can I move each movie files (posters, subtitles, nfo, etc) To a folder of its own?

Of course, I dont want to do it manually. 

Any ideas? 

1490163574_2021-08-2613_08_23-DimScreenScreen.png.4e14188b64f074309e0cc872263a1fab.png

chef

Hi there!

I have recently been working with the auto organize plugin code.

I have also noticed that the application in question, will sometimes place files in folders and sometimes it will not. Sometimes a file will be compressed and sometimes it is not.

Just out if curiosity, what OS are you running.

I ask because, inorder to combat this issue I have written an intermediary plugin which handles file sorting prior to the auto organize plugin getting it's hands on it. Decompressing zip files, or moving files with specific extensions into the auto organize watch folder. It will only run on Windows... Currently.

It keeps folders more organized because you don't watch the download folder with auto organize. Instead you watch the download folder with this intermediary plugin which will copy (or unpack) relevant files into the auto organize watch folder.

This extra step insures a clean environment for auto organize.

After working with the auto organize plugin code, I'm not certain that it should handle files in a more complex nature then what it does now.

That being said, auto organize does do a recursive search of the watch folder. That means it will drill down as far as it can looking for files to organize.

This is all interesting, but it doesn't help your current situation.

You need a script (.bat maybe) that will place files (with the same name, but different extension) into a folder with the name.

If you are interested in the decompression and copy plugin to handle organization prior to auto organize let me know.

My .bat scripting is the worst, perhaps another community member is best suited to that.

I think that scripting bat files is something that @rbjtech

understands.

Or maybe one has been written online.

vra1974
6 hours ago, chef said:

Hi there!

I have recently been working with the auto organize plugin code.

I have also noticed that the application in question, will sometimes place files in folders and sometimes it will not. Sometimes a file will be compressed and sometimes it is not.

Just out if curiosity, what OS are you running.

I ask because, inorder to combat this issue I have written an intermediary plugin which handles file sorting prior to the auto organize plugin getting it's hands on it. Decompressing zip files, or moving files with specific extensions into the auto organize watch folder. It will only run on Windows... Currently.

It keeps folders more organized because you don't watch the download folder with auto organize. Instead you watch the download folder with this intermediary plugin which will copy (or unpack) relevant files into the auto organize watch folder.

This extra step insures a clean environment for auto organize.

After working with the auto organize plugin code, I'm not certain that it should handle files in a more complex nature then what it does now.

That being said, auto organize does do a recursive search of the watch folder. That means it will drill down as far as it can looking for files to organize.

This is all interesting, but it doesn't help your current situation.

You need a script (.bat maybe) that will place files (with the same name, but different extension) into a folder with the name.

If you are interested in the decompression and copy plugin to handle organization prior to auto organize let me know.

My .bat scripting is the worst, perhaps another community member is best suited to that.

I think that scripting bat files is something that @rbjtech

understands.

Or maybe one has been written online.

Thanks! I will try to find a solution and let you know when I find it.

vra1974
59 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Or use Radarr. 

Thanks for the advice. 
Still, Radarr just works with already sorted movies, on its own folder. 
Mine are unsorted. :(

image.png.89e5ba88cc7c54ca7bee33c27ff8bb4e.png

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, vra1974 said:

Thanks for the advice. 
Still, Radarr just works with already sorted movies, on its own folder. 
Mine are unsorted. :(

image.png.89e5ba88cc7c54ca7bee33c27ff8bb4e.png

Hence Filebot, as Radarr does not support flat folder structure. Filebot will make subfolders. Use expression like {ny} / {fn}. 

• Solution
GrimReaper

It would be easier for you to pull those unsorted movies out of your root folder to its separate folder until you finish processing them and then return them once sorted. 

Edit: Here's the workflow:

1) Move all movie files (leave extra files for now where they are) to a separate folder

2) Run the movies through Filebot 

3) Once subfolders created, search for *.* 

4) Select all movies and take them out to yet another folder 

5) Import those EMPTY folders into Radarr as movies (Library Import, point to folder from 1))

6) In Radarr Settings>Media management, tick Import Extra Files and use desired arguments: srt,jpg,nfo or whatever you want 

7) Now cut/paste that extra files from your root to wherever you placed previously moved movie files (one from 4))

8 ) On Radarr main page, select Manual Import on the toolbar and point to above folder

Now all your movies and extra files will be moved to appropriate movie folders inside Radarr root folder, cut/paste to your main movie root. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append
  • Agree 1

vra1974
17 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

It would be easier for you to pull those unsorted movies out of your root folder to its separate folder until you finish processing them and then return them once sorted. 

Edit: Here's the workflow:

1) Move all movie files (leave extra files for now where they are) to a separate folder

2) Run the movies through Filebot 

3) Once subfolders created, search for *.* 

4) Select all movies and take them out to yet another folder 

5) Import those EMPTY folders into Radarr as movies (Library Import, point to folder from 1))

6) In Radarr Settings>Media management, tick Import Extra Files and use desired arguments: srt,jpg,nfo or whatever you want 

7) Now cut/paste that extra files from your root to wherever you placed previously moved movie files (one from 4))

8 ) On Radarr main page, select Manual Import on the toolbar and point to above folder

Now all your movies and extra files will be moved to appropriate movie folders inside Radarr root folder, cut/paste to your main movie root. 

Thanks! This helped me a lot.

For some reason, I had to manually add the files to the library. 
But at least was faster than doing everything by myself.

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1