How to avoid the grey series record icon.

EmbyKiwi

EmbyKiwi

I record the news every night so I can time-shift it if we sit down to watch part way through. This works really well with my new HD Homerun I'm delighted to say! šŸ™‚Ā ,Ā  except that every couple of weeks it decides not to record and the 'Series' Record' icon on the guide is grey, indicating that it has been told not to record this episode. The only way I've found to fix this is by cancelling the recording and the setting it up again, at which time it goes red again and records again for a while.Ā 

The screen shot below is how I've set it up each time.Ā  From how I understandĀ things, none of these optionsĀ  should stop it recording, even if it thinks that tonight's news is a repeat (which doesn't really happen!).Ā  Is there some other option I should be setting?

Thanks

Ā 

image.png.94d65bfb3358b2247d57fe730fc111f5.png

Ā 

Hi.Ā  There are a couple of recent threads on this issue of shows without unique season and episode numbers.Ā  The short answer is it should be improved for the next release of the server.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
EmbyKiwi

Interestingly... I tried changingĀ  the "Channel Three Only" setting to "AllĀ Channels" and it hasn't missed a beat since. Perhaps the Channel ID changes in the XML sometimes but, given that I don't include the +1 channels it seems to work fine that way. šŸ™‚

Ā 

• Like 1

Perhaps the Channel ID changes in the XML

Yes that is the most likely reason. Thanks for the feedback.