Series recordings showing to not record

heula

heula

I have multiple series recordings programmed and I see some strange behaviour.

Perhaps this is by design but to me it should not be like this.

I have set for the example I show here that it will record at any time, as many as possible and it won't check for recordings that are already recorded.

What I see is that first out of the three in this serie recording will be visible recorded according to the red recording dots. The other two will no be visible recorded according to white dots.

Why will they with my settings not be visible recorded?

I think I have seen but not sure that when the first out of three is recorded the second one will become visible recorded and the third one remains with white dots.

Capture_776.jpg

Capture_777.jpg

Capture_778.jpg

Capture_779.jpg

Capture_780.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by heula

Hi, If the DVR has already recorded an episode it won't record it again.  If the series doesn't have season/episode info that can also cause issues to Emby as all episodes can appear to be the same.

Edited by cayars

heula

Not all tv shows have that kind of info. Certainly not in the Netherlands tv guides. I think it should be an option per series recording to overrule it if that info is not available. I rather have two of the same recordings that I have none.

And there is an option to be set to not record if the recording already exist. I disabled that option.

It also needs to be reliable. I don't need to check on daily basis if my planned recordings will record or not.

I hope that this option to ignore things when no needed info is available can be implanted. It seems a nice option for when tv show info is available in the guide but it does not work very well when it is not available.

Thanks.

It's something that could be changed in the future but for right now the data needs to have season/episode info for reliable recording.

heula
1 hour ago, cayars said:

It's something that could be changed in the future but for right now the data needs to have season/episode info for reliable recording.

I guess I'll have to wait than.

We have a different opinion of reliable than. 😉

Yea I think when you uncheck that option about not recording episodes already in the library, then we should just go ahead and record everything .I'll look at making that change.

• Thanks 1