Home Screen Recommendations Tab

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Basically a copy/paste of a post from another thread, split for convenience:

"I've always been interested in some sort of Recommendations feature, and although there were several ideas (and few workarounds and/or community made plugins) thrown around the forum, none of them was exactly what I was looking for, for one reason or another: either it was sorta clumsy, either it had undesired side effects, either it required significant time investment or some other reason.

Never got around to articulate my request as a FR, might as well take the opportunity now: I've envisioned it as a Recommendations tab in addition to Home and Favourites tab on Home Screen, and based on number of same item being favourited by multiple users. It would be auto-populating with admin-settable minimum number of times an item was Favourited (in line with Favourites tab auto-populating on single Favourited). In that way it would be fully automated and require no administrating besides setting minimum value (which can as well be 1, so you'd see everything that anyone ever Favourited). Server already knows this data - who Favourited what - it might as well be put to use. 

Although I have fairly limited number of users at any given time, 10ish-15, they change quite frequently (seaman sharing with colleagues), over time I've amassed 200+ users minimum (rough guess, it's likely more), and I would assume that to be a considerable userbase upon which above could have been built and real quality content would filter through. 

Anyway, I reckon you got the idea.

Cheers"

This has been asked for a few different ways with the basic idea the same.  I know your implementation ask is  little different but let's keep the discussion in one place.