No sync?

claptnei

claptnei

Kodi 19.1 emby-nextgen 5.3.2

Kodi on all my android devices have stopped syncing? I have reset databases and rescanned. The initial update works. But adding new episodes or films in emby are being seen on Kodi? Tried emby-next 5.4.2 same issue.

There is a Removed Old Sync Data Failed error today as well.

Type definitions should start with a '{', expecting serialised type 'Foo '1', got string starting with:

Ok so found an old post and deleted the sync data sub folder fixing the problem.

Edited by claptnei
Found a similar post that fixed issue.

• 1 month later...

i've had Kodi + Emby running fine for a couple of years...recently started playing around with beta versions of Emby, and i guess something got screwed up because now only my Movies will sync (show up) in Kodi...TV Shows and Music do not get sync'd...in the past if something got screwed up i would just install a previous version of Emby, and everything would be back to normal...but now i've tried reinstalling Emby several times, and even did a fresh install of Kodi, but still no luck getting TV Shows and Music to show in Kodi...this is on a Win10 HTPC

quickmic
18 hours ago, phunzie said:

i've had Kodi + Emby running fine for a couple of years...recently started playing around with beta versions of Emby, and i guess something got screwed up because now only my Movies will sync (show up) in Kodi...TV Shows and Music do not get sync'd...in the past if something got screwed up i would just install a previous version of Emby, and everything would be back to normal...but now i've tried reinstalling Emby several times, and even did a fresh install of Kodi, but still no luck getting TV Shows and Music to show in Kodi...this is on a Win10 HTPC

Please send me a kodi.log and I can check from this side.

Also try latest experimental version of embyfor kodi.

https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.9-build 55 (ex5).zip

installed the latest experimental, but same result...after install and logging in to Emby, the window pops up asking which mode, and i select Add-on...then the window pops up asking which libraries to sync, i choose All, then i see the movies being scanned and sync'd, but after movies are done, the syncing process just ends

will work on uploading a log

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i got frustrated last week messing around with this, so i decided to leave it alone for a while...surprisingly, when i started Kodi up today i saw the update/syncing progress status bar showing my Music and TV Shows being added...everything seems back to working normal now 😅

• Like 1