Sometimes Does Not Advance to Next Episode

GloverEggs

GloverEggs

I have an issue with TV Shows not moving to the next episode or playlists playing the next item.  It is not all of the time and it is only with mkv files.  Items that I have as mp4 files seem to always go to he next thing.

Because I've only seen this with mkv files, I assume it has something to do with the files themselves.  I need to know what to fix or change in how I burn discs.

Attached are my logs.  I did a Castle episode (mkv) which did not go to the next one, a MASH episode (mp4) which did, and two playlists that working great right now (of course when I want an error thrown!).  It's much more common on files burned from DVDs than from Blu-rays which again leads me back to it being an issue with the mkv file.

I have noticed this happening on the LG app and on our Roku.  I saw what you need to troubleshoot on the Roku, but like I said, I think it has to do with mkv files so until I've discounted that I really don't want to fight with the Roku stuff.  One of my kids has noted that this also happens on the Windows app sometimes.

Play next episode automatically and enable are you still watching prompts are both checked.

I've been using MakeMKV to burn my discs.  There isn't much I can change on the settings there, but if there is something I need to fix on the files I'll try.  Any thoughts or help is appreciated.  THANKS!!

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-1c9ef6c4-3f71-4a25-acd4-bb1dab1591cb_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-9a1226a1-df8c-4925-8516-dc381516ca96_1.txt

GloverEggs

So good news.  I couldn't get Roku to throw any errors this morning.  🙂  The last time it happened was in the middle of the night and I couldn't even come close to identifying a date and time.

I know we've had this happen in the other apps which is why I assumed it was an issue with my files.  Now???  I mean I'm not complaining that things are working even thought aht's what this sounds like.  I just hate gremlins  Do you want me to move this question over into the LG section of the forums?

• Like 1