Videos constantly stopping

Alexwerilles

Alexwerilles

I have been using Emby with nginx for about a year now. A week ago, a problem started to happen. Videos are constantly crashing when playing. The upload width of my server is 1gbs. Emby doesn't even use 100mbps.

Users are complaining about crashes, unable to watch. Neither in direct reproduction nor in transcoding.

I've already changed the server port to see if it would work. I also restarted nginx several times. Remembering that this problem started happening about a week ago

Alexwerilles

the log files are very large and for security reasons I cannot publish them publicly here. I can send it by message if someone from support wants

Alexwerilles

doing some tests here, I found that the download speed is limited to 2Mbs. Something leads me to believe that the users' internet service provider is traffic shaping the server.

Is there anything I can do to reverse this? Is it possible to use VPN on the server?

Is there anything I can do to reverse this? Is it possible to use VPN on the server?

This is a question for your internet environment, so I don't have an answer for this. But yes it's possible that a VPN might help. You could also try using different public facing ports in case there is ISP throttling occurring on specific ports.

Alexwerilles
17 hours ago, Luke said:

This is a question for your internet environment, so I don't have an answer for this. But yes it's possible that a VPN might help. You could also try using different public facing ports in case there is ISP throttling occurring on specific ports.

I already changed my door. It's been fixed a few times, but it doesn't work anymore. Is there a topic here that explains how to use VPN on Emby server?

Alexwerilles
Em 18/08/2021 às 12:00, Luke disse:

Qual é a porta?

Edited by Alexwerilles

Yes. It sounds like you need to just lower the in-app quality setting, or possibly use a VPN. @cayars may have some tips on that.

Alexwerilles
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes. It sounds like you need to just lower the in-app quality setting, or possibly use a VPN. @cayars may have some tips on that.

do you mean client-side VPN or server-side direct VPN?

This issue is occurring not only with me, but also with some users in my country.

Traffic shaping suspect

XcOM9876

I would suspect the VPN would need to be on whichever side the traffic shaping is occurring, more likely to be the client side