Question about User Subtitle Permissions

XcOM9876
Go to solution Solved by Q-Droid,

XcOM9876

Hi All,

Not sure what is going on but recently I've noticed that the option to search for and download subtitles manually in Emby has vanished? I've restarted Emby, searched all over the forums and google, and the normal responses are for when the system is unable to find a subtitle, not missing the option, it's also missing from playback which I believe is supposed to be a new feature of 4.6.4.

If subtitles exist then I can select them but again I can't download or search for new ones, the subtitles and opensub plugin is enabled, and I have a premium account which is included, logs show that the plugins are being loaded.

I've tested multiple browsers on multiple machines, and via the Fire TV app all with the same result.

image.thumb.png.e5670f70841ecbda1d2e73f6ecdeb0ad.png

embyserver.txt

XcOM9876

N/B:

The task to download subtitles does run and seem to work, I just have to manually download sometimes due to it not finding a match

• Solution
Q-Droid

I have the option available for both series and movies.

Subtitle downloading and editing is a user level option. Have you checked the settings for account being used?

• Thanks 1

XcOM9876

WOW! I can't believe that was it, I didn't think of checking my user profile settings, god knows how that changed.

Many thanks,

N/B, Love the Gaiking profile pic btw

• Like 1

XcOM9876

Always get them two confused, more of a Gaiking fan myself ever since I found a VHS set for 50p at a car boot once and the cover art looks amazing to 8 year old me haha

• Like 1