4.6.4.0 - Album art erased when movie exists with same name?

trifleneurotic

trifleneurotic

Hello all!

Had a quick question - running Emby 4.6.4.0 on Fedora 33. Works great for most part! However, I've had a persistent problem through the last several versions that still exists (more of a minor annoyance if anything though).

I have two movies in my catalog, along with their soundtrack albums as well. The albums have the exact same title name as their movie counterparts. But the weird thing is that, usually, the primary image for the music albums is incorrect in that it shows the image of the soundtrack artist. I always have to manually change the primary album art back, but then something always triggers that primary album art to go away (to be replaced by the album artist image again) and I'm not sure what the trigger is.

These are the only two albums that I have this problem with, and I figured that it has to be something to do with the fact that I have their movies also hosted in Emby with the same title.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Or is it something that I might be doing wrong to bring about this condition?

Thank you in advance of any help you may be able to render.

HI, this shouldn't be the case, because I do the same thing with a few movie and soundtrack combinations as well. @Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Happy2Play

Might need more information from a specific example showing structure and naming schemes.  Possibly embedded track info also.  But tested with Top Gun and Top Gun Soundtrack without issue.  Album shows the image in the album folder.

But almost sound like a possible tagging issue as Soundtracks are more then likely going to be Various Artists for AA.

@landgazr

trifleneurotic

Wo, this is weird....

Today now, both movies have their primary art the same as the soundtrack!

The ID3 tags for both of the albums look OK when I check them on the file system with eyeD3. Sample:

/mnt/sdc1/Music/Vladimir Cosma/Diva/Vladimir Cosma - Sentimental Walk.mp3                                                                                                                                                       [ 4.39 MB ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 02:24	MPEG1, Layer III	[ 256 kb/s @ 44100 Hz - Stereo ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ID3 v2.3:
title: Sentimental Walk
artist: Vladimir Cosma
album: Diva
track: 2

The only thing I wanted to note was that the album tag *matches* the movie name exactly. Both directories for the soundtracks have a cover.jpg.

The movies exist in a "Movies" type library called Features.
The music exists in a "Music" type library called Music.

Both are in separate directories, local drive mounts.

Both of the directories for the movies have a file in them with a similar timestamp:

-rw-r--r--.    1 emby emby     105431 Aug 10 05:09  folder.jpg

I am not sure under what circumstances that file is created but looks like it may have corresponded to a scheduled task? From what I can tell, it may have been the "Refresh Internet Channels" task. That being said, that file that exists in the movie directory is the cover art for the soundtrack album.

Not sure where to go from here. If you have any insight or suggestions let me know. Otherwise I'm willing to live with it :)

UPDATE 1: I removed the folder.jpg from both of the movie folders and did a library scan. Movie primary images went back to normal, but music ones went back to artist picture. So I added back the soundtrack primary image for both soundtracks, did another scan, and now the music looks ok but the movies are back to having the soundtrack image as the movie's primary image. That "folder.jpg" is also back. It is as if the scan creates that file somehow, and is putting it in the wrong place....?

UPDATE 2: Just for ducks, for the movies, I put a file named "folder.jpg" that was the movie's primary art and did a library scan. Now the movies are still OK, but the music soundtrack has the movie's primary art. It is as if the scan makes a file called "folder.jpg" if it doesn't exist, and both the movie and the soundtrack use it.

Edited by landgazr

trifleneurotic

Hello @Luke and @Happy2Play!

Just wanted to let you both know I was able to find a workaround for now.

Essentially, for the corresponding movies, I placed an image of the primary art called

<movieName>-default.ext

into the movie directory and removed the folder.ext file from the same directory. Then I went to the corresponding soundtrack in the Emby web interface and did an "Edit Images" to pick the primary art for the album.

Then I did a library scan.

The folder.ext file reappeared in the folder for the MOVIE (and that file is the soundtrack primary art), but I think the "-default" image took precedence for the movie, and the soundtrack album art now stays as well. The basic problem still remains that the soundtrack album art is put into the corresponding movie folder with the name folder.ext which the movie also tries to honor, but thank goodness the "-default" movie primary art image takes precedence! :)