Solved: Tuners not being released.

clarkss12

CharlieMurphy

I wasn't present when it stopped but I suspect a blip in the signal caused the stream to end. I moved my antenna a little to see if that helps. Whatever was causing the less than perfect signal went away as the sun went down, time will tell if moving the antenna helped. So, I believe playback stopped by typical OTA imperfection. I don't think it was a 'home' key-press this time, pretty sure.

Edited by CharlieMurphy

• 9 months later...

To tack on to this thread which is older.. I have been having this same exact issue. Did not even know about it until I had a DVR recording fail due to mo open tuners..

I am running Emby on a Synology with an HDHR Plex 4K - I have it in two rooms.

I noticed after I got out of the app on Shield Pro it was still using a tuner. I had to restart the tuner to release but still have the issue.

I dont think I should have to reset my HDHR everytime I use Emby to release unused tuners,  has this issue ever been fully resolved?

CharlieMurphy

It's hard for me to judge if it's better or worse because there are so many factors. I think it improved since this thread was made but now I'm not sure. I think it's more likely to happen with Roku in general, and not just from home key press from a running stream. Also stream errors from either IPTV or OTA HDHR will occasionally still cause a stream to stop on the device, and the Emby server dashboard, without actually releasing the stream.

I wasn't seeing it as much for a while and now I'm seeing it more. It may or may not be Emby changes.

I suggest restarting Emby server and not the HDHR though.

23 hours ago, tarmer said:

To tack on to this thread which is older.. I have been having this same exact issue. Did not even know about it until I had a DVR recording fail due to mo open tuners..

I am running Emby on a Synology with an HDHR Plex 4K - I have it in two rooms.

I noticed after I got out of the app on Shield Pro it was still using a tuner. I had to restart the tuner to release but still have the issue.

I dont think I should have to reset my HDHR everytime I use Emby to release unused tuners,  has this issue ever been fully resolved?

It should be resolved in most cases now, yes. If you're still seeing this then we're happy to look at it given an example. Thanks !

3 hours ago, CharlieMurphy said:

It's hard for me to judge if it's better or worse because there are so many factors. I think it improved since this thread was made but now I'm not sure. I think it's more likely to happen with Roku in general, and not just from home key press from a running stream. Also stream errors from either IPTV or OTA HDHR will occasionally still cause a stream to stop on the device, and the Emby server dashboard, without actually releasing the stream.

I wasn't seeing it as much for a while and now I'm seeing it more. It may or may not be Emby changes.

I suggest restarting Emby server and not the HDHR though.

Thank You @CharlieMurphy

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

It should be resolved in most cases now, yes. If you're still seeing this then we're happy to look at it given an example. Thanks !

@Luke - I will give it a try and see what happens but as I am using the current version and nothing has been changed - I am not sure how resolved - but i will confirm

• Thanks 1

@Luke just tried it again this time on Apple TV to make sure i could back out easier - and still held on to tuner after exit.

shut down server to finally release - any thought on this 

Thank You

39 minutes ago, tarmer said:

@Luke just tried it again this time on Apple TV to make sure i could back out easier - and still held on to tuner after exit.

shut down server to finally release - any thought on this 

Thank You

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!