A little problem. Every new movie added, crash Emby several times...

Fedorowicz

Fedorowicz

Emby 4.6.0.50
Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

look at this. 17 minutes to stabilize (I configured the service with autostart, so it keeps trying until it runs without errors) (search for the word SIGNAL on sys.log)

Jul 31 11:37:57 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Jul 31 11:38:12 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Jul 31 11:38:25 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Jul 31 11:54:29 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Jul 31 11:54:41 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Jul 31 11:54:47 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

before the errors we have something like this (every time)

Jul 31 11:54:47 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Jul 31 11:54:47 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Jul 31 11:54:50 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 31.

31 times to stabilize

I think this may be related to the scrapping process... when it ends there is no more error. any tips on how to find (and solve) the problem?

this has been happening for more than 7 versions that I updated (about 1 year). I've always been updating and it doesn't solve. the behavior is not version specific. I believe that updating to last would do no good.

Thank you very much in advance

Best Regards,
Fedorowicz

Fedorowicz

Hi Luke. First of all, thanks for attention.

The log is attached (i've crope some lines... the problems ocurrs only when i restar the server for any reason, or when i've update the dir with some new movies...)

Look between 11:37 and 11:54 (this was with a movie add on the folder of movies)

Tks

Henrique

syslog.zip

Fedorowicz

Not yet. I didnt have much time this weekend. But I can try tomorrow. But... This occurs almost a year... In that time i've made a lot of upgrades... Never was solved... But I will try tomorrow! 

5 minutes ago, Fedorowicz said:

Not yet. I didnt have much time this weekend. But I can try tomorrow. But... This occurs almost a year... In that time i've made a lot of upgrades... Never was solved... But I will try tomorrow! 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Fedorowicz

hi, i´ve made  a complete reinstall.

delete old server,

delete var/lib/emby folder and subfolders

delete the service

the install recreates all structures and service but i did need create manually the folder /var/lib/emby first (the log was giving a "access denied" error). a suggestion here: emby could create the main /var/lib/emby folder if not finds :)

after all, i make all the setup again and put 2 librarys 

the scrap has begin and after a few minutes... crash again (precisely 13 minutes after scraping)

Aug  2 10:56:22 odroid emby-server[16541]: Info App: Entry point completed: EmbyServer.Windows.LoopUtilEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0003187 seconds
Aug  2 10:56:22 odroid emby-server[16541]: Info App: All entry points have started
Aug  2 11:09:02 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Aug  2 11:09:02 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Aug  2 11:09:05 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 30.

Aug  2 11:09:05 odroid systemd[1]: Stopped Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device..
Aug  2 11:09:05 odroid systemd[1]: Started Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device..
Aug  2 11:09:06 odroid emby-server[22979]: Info Main: Application path: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll

i think the problem was not solved with a simple upgrade.

update: i will try just put a 3rd library back in a few hours... if the system not crashes in this hours and crash durint the scrapping, i think it was possible related to the scrap processing how i was thinking...

Edited by Fedorowicz

On 8/2/2021 at 10:19 AM, Fedorowicz said:

hi, i´ve made  a complete reinstall.

delete old server,

delete var/lib/emby folder and subfolders

delete the service

the install recreates all structures and service but i did need create manually the folder /var/lib/emby first (the log was giving a "access denied" error). a suggestion here: emby could create the main /var/lib/emby folder if not finds :)

after all, i make all the setup again and put 2 librarys 

the scrap has begin and after a few minutes... crash again (precisely 13 minutes after scraping)

Aug  2 10:56:22 odroid emby-server[16541]: Info App: Entry point completed: EmbyServer.Windows.LoopUtilEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0003187 seconds
Aug  2 10:56:22 odroid emby-server[16541]: Info App: All entry points have started
Aug  2 11:09:02 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Aug  2 11:09:02 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Aug  2 11:09:05 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 30.

Aug  2 11:09:05 odroid systemd[1]: Stopped Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device..
Aug  2 11:09:05 odroid systemd[1]: Started Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device..
Aug  2 11:09:06 odroid emby-server[22979]: Info Main: Application path: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll

i think the problem was not solved with a simple upgrade.

update: i will try just put a 3rd library back in a few hours... if the system not crashes in this hours and crash durint the scrapping, i think it was possible related to the scrap processing how i was thinking...

Can you please provide a new server log example? thanks.

Fedorowicz

Hi Luke... After this, and after see a post from you in another topic where you talk about do not turn off suddenly, i´ve remembred it is common for me use shutdown-f -r now when i need turn off the system... this "-f" (force) my be the main problem, because after the reinstall and stop using this command, the problem stops... i´ve put some new medias and the system not crashes more...

I will stay monitoring more some days to understand... if you want close the topic, its ok for me...