Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'roku-beta'.
auujay posted a topic in RokuWhen watching rips of Blu-Ray TV shows on my Roku2 I am getting frequent "Loading..." messages when the videos are direct streaming (allowing or forcing transcoding works resolves the problem). The server is running Version 22.214.171.124 on unRaid, though I have noticed the issue for a few days now and it still occurred with at least 126.96.36.199. The server log is attached and shows some exceptions that seem to align with playback. Using the beta Roku app tries to direct stream the content and has the issue. I sent the logs from this app via built-in log submission at 22:18 EDT (GMT-4) on 2017-5-16 (the logged in user is 'Andrew'). Using the Blue Neon Night v4.16 app has the issue when in "auto-detect" or "direct" modes but when forced to transcode it works OK. The "official" Emby app v2.25 works fine as it transcodes the content (the transcode log is attached below). In the server log there seem to be errors that align with the times when playing the video has errors that look like: Error HttpServer: Error processing request *** Error Report *** Version: 188.8.131.52 Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh Operating system: Unix 184.108.40.206 64-Bit OS: True 64-Bit Process: True Mono: 4.8.1 (Stable 220.127.116.11/22a39d7 Mon May 15 22:31:44 UTC 2017) Processor count: 2 Program data path: /config Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00033] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndWrite (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0005f] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndWrite (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x000af] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0 at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>m__8 (System.IO.Stream stream, System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Func`3[System.IO.Stream,System.IAsyncResult,System.Threading.Tasks.VoidTaskResult]:invoke_TResult_T1_T2 (System.IO.Stream,System.IAsyncResult) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1+FromAsyncTrimPromise`1[TResult,TInstance].Complete (TInstance thisRef, System.Func`3[T1,T2,TResult] endMethod, System.IAsyncResult asyncResult, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00002] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- Does this indicate a network problem on my end? "System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer" seems like something bad but I don't think I ever had this problem in the past. I try to encode my Blu-Rays in a way that the Roku app can direct steam them so my server is not forced to transcode. I don't know if this is a case where I accidentally changed my encoding settings so these files are actually different from what I used to do in the past or if Emby changed (server side or in the Roku apps) that is now causing the issue. Going back to older episodes that I am pretty sure used to direct steam just fine now show the problem so I think this is related to an Emby change and not a change in the files I am using. ServerLog_2017-05-16.txt TranscodeLog_2017-05-16.txt