Transcoding most WMV files

syarbrou1

syarbrou1

Yeah, that's a tough one.  My network is on a domain and I'm the domain admin so everything I connect to when I'm logged in works. :)

Rather than utilizing the dollar sign shares, I'm going to create separate shares so:

\\homeserver\Videos\Movies   INSTEAD of   \\homeserver\e$\ServerFolders\Videos\Movies

\\homeserver\Music   INSTEAD of   \\homeserver\e$\ServerFolders\Music

etc.

Indexing now so will see when it's done for good measure if it helps.

I also have a share on the media center Windows 7 computer that is \\mediacenter\d$|DuckieTVShows and that one seems to work.

Will let you know if that change makes a difference.

Thanks.

Steve

syarbrou1

Note powering up a non domain virtual machine and will see how the shares work with my xbox account I have the devices connecting with.

Thanks.

Steve

Sorry for the late reply but, if your items are transcoding from EMC that will only happen if the app was unable to directly access the file.  So this must be a network sharing issue.

• 2 weeks later...
syarbrou1

Sorry for the delay getting back.  Been out of town.  So I'm not sure how it happened or what happened since I removed and reinstalled Emby to try and fix the problem, but I repointed to my media using open shares and all seems good now.  Same shares I setup before and didn't change.  Not sure if somehow one of the beta updates caused an issue with where things were pointing at or if it was an update on the server but it's working again.  Happy but sad.  Figured at some point I need to move on from the XBox 360 but everytime I am about to any issues get fixed.