Emby Theater Windows 7 Connection Failure

Kimballslice1890

Kimballslice1890

I am attempting to connect to my emby server and am having an issue with Emby server. I can connect to the server via web browser and via Kodi but I am testing a new setup and would like to give Emby theater a shot. Regardless if i put in my server IP address or DNS address it says connection failure. I use https and port 8920. Also I used a self signed certificate, will that cause an issue with Emby Theater?

I am running this on a Windows 7 desktop. Tested this on same network, outside network, via wireless and ethernet. Opened up ports in firewall too. However it does work via web browser and Kodi... on the same machine.

Hi, what did you use to create the self signed cert with? It's very strange because we have Emby Theater Desktop configured to accept all certs. It really shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

Kimballslice1890

its self signed auto generated through Emby. I am eventually looking to get a signed cert from a CA but in the meantime, I am using whatever emby auto generates.

I'll try on a different machine and see if I get the same problem. Not sure what would be causing this on my current setup though.

• 1 month later...
Kimballslice1890

Took a bit for me to finally get some time to test it again. But I tested Emby Theater on a Windows 10 machine. Tried on different outside networks and VPN. Still getting the same connection problem.