Media browser intros functionality in cinema mode

djlf

Can we please get the same functionality we had in MB Intros put into cinema mode? Especially the ability to pick custom intros in an order of preference and specific playback order rather than random choices being played.

• Like 19

Mopar_Mudder

I agree, but I would like to see the MB Intros from back in the original days, where you can play a random file based on audio codec. The wife still complains that she misses all the cool DTS intros. On a side note I cant even get cinema mode to work.

• Like 2

I agree, but I would like to see the MB Intros from back in the original days, where you can play a random file based on audio codec. The wife still complains that she misses all the cool DTS intros. On a side note I cant even get cinema mode to work.

Hi, to learn how to enable cinema mode, check out our wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Cinema-Mode

• Like 1

Xzener

Cinema Mode works well... It's just missing some very important functionality to be truly Cinema like. Please add codec intro specific support to Cinema Mode.

• Like 3

Please add ability to play specific custom intros in order of choosing rather than random intros . I have intros made to show my home cinemas capability that play before a movie but this is no longer possible without MB Intros support.

• Like 3

I still use MB Intros to play 2 trailers and 2 customer intros before a movie. Cinema mode just doesn't have the options I need to be able to do this so it would be good if it had the same features.

• Like 3

Xzener

Memc, can you please provide the plugin for me to download. I have accidentally deleted it rather than cut/paste it out of my plugins folder. Perhaps we can try and figure out what is all wrong with it, so Ebr (or a new Dev) can fix it.

Thanks.

Xzener

I just posted a status update asking to help support the resurrection of MBIntros, or help Cinema Mode get up to speed. Hopefully it will draw in support for our cause.

Are there any Devs interested in picking up where Ebr left off?? The ground work has been laid, we just have some bugs to work out. If I remember correctly, this was a premium app.

Thanks Devs for all the hard work you do. Please help bring a truly cinema mode experience back to Emby before the new Emby Theater beta launch.

• Like 1

Xzener

@@djlf Please rewrite the first post asking specifically what you'd like to see. Personally, I'd like to see MBIntros (or Emby Intros) resurrected and get the bugs worked out... But to get Cinema Mode up to speed, lets list the specific content we'd like to see added. I think it's going to come down to either or.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we will have much support. I have a dedicated theater in my house, intros are important to me. But the average user may only have a 56" TV, they might not want intros. Hopefully we can convince the Devs how important it is.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

Xzener

For those of you reading this and would like more functianality... Please "Like" the first post. That is where the Devs look for popular feature requests and decide to take action. Thanks.

• Like 1

Xzener

Sorry Memc, do you mind zipping that first... W10 wont allow it to download, potential risk it says. Thanks. Also, do you mind adding your MBIntros config file too... I may have to manually configure it for my setup as the plugin wouldn't allow me to add intros/trailers. That was the reason I deleted it in the first place. Thanks.

Edited by Xzener

We don't want to resurrect the plug-in.  It wasn't dropped because it was broken.  It was broken because it was dropped.

We are open to potentially increasing the functionality of the core feature but it needs to be done in such a way that it is still very simple for the average user to setup and understand.

The plug-in was only in use by the most hardened power-users because its configuration was so complex.  Plus, its very existence was confusing to many users.

@@Xzener. Like you I have dedicated cinema in home and intros add to the experience massively. I think I just need the random part in cinema mode to be changed to allow me to play specific intros and in an order of my choosing ie the first part of mb intros. I don't really use the codec part. I use mb intros to showcase my theatres capability. So 1 custom home theatre name intro 2 dts hd ma intro 3 Dolby true hd intro. 4 optoma dlp hd intro. Try playing this on random and its useless. If we can keep the plugin great but would love something more than what cinema mode offers

Mopar_Mudder

We don't want to resurrect the plug-in.  It wasn't dropped because it was broken.  It was broken because it was dropped.

We are open to potentially increasing the functionality of the core feature but it needs to be done in such a way that it is still very simple for the average user to setup and understand.

The plug-in was only in use by the most hardened power-users because its configuration was so complex.  Plus, its very existence was confusing to many users.

I guess I don't totally buy the to complex claim. To me the Emby Server Library is way to complex and hard to get around in, that is why I still use Meta Browser for all my scraping of meta data. MB Intros was easy compared to all the library settings. You just have to be willing to learn, I could learn how the library works if I took the time, I just don't need it so I don't. All you can do it put the tools out their for people to use, they have to be willing to learn how to use them.

• Like 1

Xzener

I think you might have more "hardened power-users" than you might think... As Luke states all the time... 80/90% of users don't even come here to the forums

• Like 2

I guess I don't totally buy the to complex claim. To me the Emby Server Library is way to complex and hard to get around in, that is why I still use Meta Browser for all my scraping of meta data. MB Intros was easy compared to all the library settings. You just have to be willing to learn, I could learn how the library works if I took the time, I just don't need it so I don't. All you can do it put the tools out their for people to use, they have to be willing to learn how to use them.

This is actually a perfect example of the point I was trying to make :).

I think you might have more "hardened power-users" than you might think... As Luke states all the time... 80/90% of users don't even come here to the forums

Yes, but most of those are not power users.

If you want the actual number

As I said, we are open to expanding the current feature in a reasonable way.  We just don't need a plug-in that does the same basic thing (for the vast majority of users).

@@ebr can you then look at expanding the custom intro part of cinema mode to allow some form of customisation. MB intros actually made me move from

mediaportal to emby. I would bet that most users dont create their own custom intros or implement them, but if you have a dedicated theater then it adds

to the experience. Cinema mode allows loads of options for trailers but is that even fully supported anymore? - Ive had to user the youtube trailer plugin.

However one Random Intro ???? We should be able to at least play a custom intro followed by dts or dolby intro. wouldnt you agree?  I would like to see the ability to

play a few custom intros and in order of choosing. Thats all, and i think it would be an ok compromise and balance up the emphasis on trailers in cinema mode.

I'm at the point of begging!!!  With the new Emby Theatre on the Horizon, surely you can see our point. A Theatre with one intro ?  Its this feature that has really

impressed my friends when ive shown it to them. Please, Please, Please expand custom intros in cinema mode. Otherwise i'll cry. : )

I am adding something to allow intros based on codecs and tags. It will be just like the rest of cinema mode in that it will be very easy and no fuss. I think with this change the number of people using cinema mode but feel it's inadequate will be reduced drastically.

• Like 2

Xzener

Time to dust off the ole codec intros. Thanks in advance Luke! I think others were hoping for another custom intro. And the ability for the user to arrange the order in which they are presented. Any chance of those??

• Like 4

@@Luke @@Xzener thanks Luke that would be great. I would still love for the ability to play specific intros and place them in order of choosing if possible? But codec based will probably work for me too as long as the new cinema mode allows a custom intro followed by a codec intro ?? Is this what you have in mind ? Also had another thought - would it be possible to have it as a plugin exclusively for the new theatre as this is where it really comes into play and thus leaving the sever cinema mode with basic functions?

Edited by djlf

Xzener

Cinema Mode already works well with the current MBT. I would imagine the new Emby Theater will also work just as well. I agree, it would be nice to have more options for custom intros and the ability to sort them in the order in which we choose. Hopefully Luke can add these new features and keep it "very easy and no fuss". ^_^

Vidman

How bout allowing to choose which devices will use cinema mode rather than just what media types

Actually does anyone actually use cinema mode for TV shows? How bout only having it applied to movies and just a white list of devices instead

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1