Jump to content

"Get Emby Premier" popup on unlocked app?


Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I noticed that when I launch the Emby for AndroidTV app, I usually get a big green popup notification that tells me I should pay for Emby Premier.

 

If I pay for the app unlock, to remove the trial period, will I still get this notification all the time. If so, is there a setting that would allow me to disable it?

 

Thanks.

Posted

Hi.  Are you uninstalling the app?

 

That message should only show up about once a month.

Posted

Thanks,

 

Once a month or once a day it doesn't really matter.

 

Will the message show up from time to time even if I purchase the unlock?  If so, is there a setting that would allow me to disable it?

 

I'm looking to move away from Plex to a platform that is less invasive. i don't plan on purchasing Premium because I don't care about hardware transcoding or Live TV. Just sharing my medias.

I tried webUI, Android and AndroidTV clients and so far they all have obtrusive ads to annoy me and my family members into purchasing Emby Premier.

  • Solution
Posted

Currently, I believe it will still pop up from time to time.  We can consider suppressing it for unlocked apps.

 

Thanks.

Posted

Thanks for the reply.

 

Is there a separate unlock app I could purchase on the Play Store to unlock the AndroidTV app? In-app purchases cannot be shared with family members as it is with regular app purchases.

 

Thanks.

Posted

Hi.  No, it is just the in-app purchase.  The avenue for sharing with family is Emby Premiere.

 

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...