Arly_ 87 Posted November 7, 2018 Posted November 7, 2018 Hi, Will be moving to Canada over the weekend and, of course, I am bringing my 4 external hard drives that Emby runs off of. Just a little nervous about how that might come across to customs & border patrol agents as well as the Canadian equivalent. Is this considered "Smuggling Pirated Films?" (All DVDs have been ripped) Is this piracy? How do I explain this? Thanks for the help in advance.
Jdiesel 1505 Posted November 7, 2018 Posted November 7, 2018 (edited) In my experience, as a Canadian, Canadian border agents are quite reasonable and I've never had an issue returning to Canada. I have had multiple bad experiences entering the US though however this may be in part to a non-resident entering a country versus a resident returning to their country. I personally don't think you will have any issues. If they ask to see what is on the HDDs cooperate. They aren't looking for pirated movies/music, they are looking for much worse things. If it is something that really makes you uncomfortable you could always mail/ship the drives to your new Canadian address before you leave. And welcome to Canada! Edited November 7, 2018 by Jdiesel
Arly_ 87 Posted November 7, 2018 Author Posted November 7, 2018 Thank you for the advice, I'll risk it and take them with me. I don't trust sending it via parcel. And thanks for the welcome too!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now