Luke 43254 Posted March 5 Posted March 5 27 minutes ago, MediaEmby1968 said: @softworkz@LukeCan you tell me why those strings are not translated, neither in version 4.9.1.90 nor in 4.9.3.0? Hi, we are looking into it. Thanks.
MediaEmby1968 89 Posted June 15 Posted June 15 @softworkz@Luke On December 9, 2025, I posted some screenshots of the server configuration. These screenshots showed text or sections of the configuration that, despite being translated, were not appearing in the correct translation. This occurred in version 4.9.1.90, and the issue persisted in the subsequent version, 4.9.3.0. Yesterday, it was updated to version 4.9.5.0, and the problem remains unresolved. Could you please tell me what is happening? It has been six months, and the problem persists.
Luke 43254 Posted June 15 Posted June 15 3 hours ago, MediaEmby1968 said: @softworkz@Luke On December 9, 2025, I posted some screenshots of the server configuration. These screenshots showed text or sections of the configuration that, despite being translated, were not appearing in the correct translation. This occurred in version 4.9.1.90, and the issue persisted in the subsequent version, 4.9.3.0. Yesterday, it was updated to version 4.9.5.0, and the problem remains unresolved. Could you please tell me what is happening? It has been six months, and the problem persists. Hi. Cinema intros, open subtitles and backup all got updates to resolve that, right?
MediaEmby1968 89 Posted June 15 Posted June 15 Hi @LukeI don't know if it received an update, but if it did, it was a while ago; at least the information in the Open Subtitles string shows the last update was 10 months ago.
Luke 43254 Posted June 15 Posted June 15 2 minutes ago, MediaEmby1968 said: Hi @LukeI don't know if it received an update, but if it did, it was a while ago; at least the information in the Open Subtitles string shows the last update was 10 months ago. That was the last time we changed the strings on the translation site. I published an update to opensubtitles a month or so ago using all of the latest strings at the time.
MediaEmby1968 89 Posted June 17 Posted June 17 @Luke Even though it's been a month, it's still the same... because it's not just the open subtitles section... the others are still the same.
Luke 43254 Posted June 17 Posted June 17 5 hours ago, MediaEmby1968 said: @Luke Even though it's been a month, it's still the same... because it's not just the open subtitles section... the others are still the same. Hi, what exactly is the same? What others?
roberclash222 0 Posted June 19 Posted June 19 I've noticed lately that the translation page is taking a long time to load.
Luke 43254 Posted June 19 Posted June 19 8 hours ago, roberclash222 said: I've noticed lately that the translation page is taking a long time to load. Hi, what about now?
MediaEmby1968 89 Posted June 19 Posted June 19 On 6/17/2026 at 9:56 PM, Luke said: Hi, what exactly is the same? What others? You mentioned OpenSubtitles, and it's not just that section; the other five I listed are also untranslated, even though the translations are complete.
Luke 43254 Posted June 19 Posted June 19 22 minutes ago, MediaEmby1968 said: You mentioned OpenSubtitles, and it's not just that section; the other five I listed are also untranslated, even though the translations are complete. Tested setting language to spanish (mexico), and they are all translated for me.
MediaEmby1968 89 Posted June 19 Posted June 19 2 hours ago, Luke said: Tested setting language to spanish (mexico), and they are all translated for me. That's right, it will work correctly in Mexican Spanish, but I translate it into Spanish from Spain, or European Spanish as some people outside of Europe call it. And it doesn't translate it into Spanish from Spain, or what you categorize simply as Spanish. If the solution is that I have to put it in Mexican Spanish... Why bother translating it into Spanish from Spain, or Argentina, or even the United States... if it already works with Mexican Spanish?
Luke 43254 Posted June 21 Posted June 21 On 6/19/2026 at 5:04 PM, MediaEmby1968 said: That's right, it will work correctly in Mexican Spanish, but I translate it into Spanish from Spain, or European Spanish as some people outside of Europe call it. And it doesn't translate it into Spanish from Spain, or what you categorize simply as Spanish. If the solution is that I have to put it in Mexican Spanish... Why bother translating it into Spanish from Spain, or Argentina, or even the United States... if it already works with Mexican Spanish? OK so when you select plain Spanish it's using es-ar in some cases. This will be resolved for the next release. Thanks.
NikeSwe 131 Posted Friday at 01:13 AM Posted Friday at 01:13 AM (edited) Spelling mistakes in the English source text: DetectCombinedSeasonEpisodeNumbersHelp: Not recommend. This will attempt to detect an episode number with 408 in the filename to be season 4, episode 8, but this can also cause incorrect detections. Use with caution. SeriesDisplayOrderHelp: Specify how your episode files are named and orgnaized. Edited Friday at 01:14 AM by NikeSwe 1
Luke 43254 Posted Friday at 04:41 AM Posted Friday at 04:41 AM 3 hours ago, NikeSwe said: Spelling mistakes in the English source text: DetectCombinedSeasonEpisodeNumbersHelp: Not recommend. This will attempt to detect an episode number with 408 in the filename to be season 4, episode 8, but this can also cause incorrect detections. Use with caution. SeriesDisplayOrderHelp: Specify how your episode files are named and orgnaized. Thanks !
matsushita 0 Posted yesterday at 05:43 AM Posted yesterday at 05:43 AM (edited) Hi, I’d like to help improve the Japanese translation for Emby. I audited the Japanese localization files included with Emby Server 4.11.0.5 Beta and tested the updated strings on a running server. The audit covers the server/web UI localization files and includes fixes for untranslated strings, mistranslations, inconsistent terminology, and some invisible formatting characters. I also verified several changes directly in the Web UI, for example: Home Screen → ホーム画面 Identify → 作品を識別 Stats for Nerds → 再生の詳細情報 Exit menu → 終了メニュー Side navigation menu → サイドメニュー Conversions → 変換 “Last ran {0}, taking {1}.” → 最終実行: {0}(所要時間: {1}) I have attached an audit package containing the updated Japanese JSON files and verification data. The package is intended as review/reference material rather than a request to bypass the official translation workflow. I understand that the official contribution path is translate.emby.media. Could you let me know the best way to submit these Japanese corrections there, or whether translator access needs to be granted first? One additional finding: some strings in the iOS app appear to use a separate localization resource from the server/web client. For example, after changing StatsForNerds on the server, the Web UI correctly shows 「再生の詳細情報」, while the iOS app still shows the older translation 「専門家のための統計情報」. Thanks! emby-ja-forum-4.11.0.5.zip Edited yesterday at 05:56 AM by matsushita
Luke 43254 Posted 19 hours ago Posted 19 hours ago 13 hours ago, matsushita said: I understand that the official contribution path is translate.emby.media. Could you let me know the best way to submit these Japanese corrections there, or whether translator access needs to be granted first? Hi, the best thing to do is request access on the translation website. Thanks !
softworkz 5422 Posted 19 hours ago Posted 19 hours ago 11 minutes ago, Luke said: Hi, the best thing to do is request access on the translation website. Thanks ! There's no need to request access. You can log in with your forums account. 1
matsushita 0 Posted 29 minutes ago Posted 29 minutes ago Hi, I’ve finished a broad review and update of the Japanese translations across EmbyApps, EmbyClient, and EmbyServer, and uploaded the revised translations through Weblate. From the Japanese localization side, the work is now almost complete. I reviewed untranslated strings, inconsistent terminology, mistranslations, invisible characters, placeholders, and a number of technical strings, and also checked many of the changes against the actual UI where possible. There are only a few points where I would like confirmation from the developers before considering the Japanese translation fully complete: EmbyClient – aspect ratio / video scaling strings There are seven strings related to aspect ratio or video scaling that I could not locate in the current UI, so I could not confirm their actual behavior or the best Japanese wording. Examples include: Fit Window Cover Window Dynamic Fit Dynamic Cover Fill Stretched 1:1 Unscaled For now I left these untranslated rather than guessing from the names alone. Are these strings still used in any current Emby client? If so, could you tell me where they appear, or briefly describe the behavior of each mode? EmbyApps / AlexaCommands I intentionally did not translate the AlexaCommands component. Many of these strings appear to be Alexa utterances, intent phrases, or speech-model data rather than ordinary UI text. I was concerned that translating them like normal application strings could change the command model itself rather than simply localize its presentation. Should AlexaCommands be translated for Japanese at all, or is this component intended to remain in English unless a complete Japanese Alexa language model is supported? EmbyServer Core – source strings that may need confirmation I found a few places where the English source itself appears inconsistent: Subtitle font size The setting description says: Enter a value from 5 to 50 to enforce a specific font size but the validation message says: The font size needs to be a value from 5 to 80 Is the correct maximum 50 or 80? Subtitle margins The setting description says: Enter a value from 1 to 200 to override margins but the validation message says: The margin size needs to be a value from 0 to 200 Is the correct minimum 0 or 1? Closed captions One source string says: Options for EIA-607/EIA-708 captions which are used in ATSC broadcasts... Is EIA-607 intentional here? I wondered whether this was intended to be EIA-608/EIA-708. For the Japanese translation I kept the values and terminology exactly as written in the English source rather than trying to correct them on the translation side. Other than these points, the Japanese localization is essentially complete from my side. Thanks for making the translation resources available through Weblate. It made it possible to review not only the missing translations, but also terminology and consistency across the different Emby components.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now