Jump to content

What is "convert media" scheduled task?


Recommended Posts

Posted

​Hi

​

​What does this scheduled task do really? I see emby being constantly active even when no usage is happening. I do not want auto conversion like that. Can someone explain what the role of that task is?

​

​

Posted

It is only used by offline downloading and the sync feature.

Posted

​Luke, I do not have offline downloading and sync :( I never used them.

 

Also if it is doing the conversion, where does it save those converted files?

​

Posted

If you're not using the feature then it is not doing anything.

Posted

​Well not really, the task was set to run every day and like I said Emby was constantly doing disk writes in megabytes.

Posted

​Do not get me wrong I am just trying to understand the details fo this functionality. The wiki does not give away much about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...