Apotropaic 75 Posted 46 minutes ago Posted 46 minutes ago Hi, I'm not really sure if this is the intended behaviour everyone expects, a setting I haven't ticked or if it's something worth considering to change for a future release. I appreciate this is such a minor thing that most won't even notice!! I always configure the scrapers to download multiple backdrops for both Movies and TV Shows because I like the variety and the sense of on-screen 'movement'. Currently, both the web app and Android app appear to cycle backdrops in a fixed, sequential order. The first backdrop is always displayed initially, and if you navigate away from a movie or TV show and then return, the cycle starts again from that same first image. I never really noticed this for movies as it's not that often I browse the same movie in quick succession. But in TV Shows it is more noticeable, and the effect is more pronounced when navigating into a season as the backdrop resets to the first image again. Then when selecting an episode to play, it resets once more. When you're watching a multi-season show on a large projector it gets a bit tiresome to see the same image 95% of the time, despite having multiple images stored and available for the app to use. It would be nice if backdrops could be displayed in a more randomised order, or perhaps the application could remember the last-used backdrop and continue cycling from there rather than always restarting from the beginning. This would help keep the browsing experience feeling fresher and make better use of the additional artwork that has been downloaded. Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now