ssybesma 0 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago I tend not to use Emby very much because it can be very difficult to use and by default tries to change metadata from the way I want it set. I don't want Emby to change anything. It won't save New Library settings, which people have asked about for years. That is a big pain because there are so many options I have to turn off. Before I sent this it turned out the folder with a mysterious name and only one file showing was actually the folder I wanted to show up but the name I gave the folder in Windows was much different. The name Emby gave the folder was "Star Trek Season". The name I gave it in Windows was "Star Trek TOS (30+)". When I deleted the Emby-named folder from the web interface, it took out all the files in the Windows folder I was trying to get to show up. Hours of work wasted because your software makes no sense to me in how it displays folders!!! I expect all folders and files in Emby to show exactly as Windows shows them. Is that even possible? Emby works against what I want to do, and that is frustrating.
ssybesma 0 Posted 40 minutes ago Author Posted 40 minutes ago Another example of Emby's screwy behavior is a Windows folder named "Land of the Giants". Emby decided to call it "Scenes from DVD". What's worse I can't override that decision. Emby has a mind of its own.
ssybesma 0 Posted 22 minutes ago Author Posted 22 minutes ago (edited) Is there anyway to delete libraries without deleting all my files as in my first post? Using Emby is total frustration! Update: After googling, there is apparently no way to delete libraries in Emby without also deleting all your files. Edited 16 minutes ago by ssybesma
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now