Jump to content

Folder not showing up despite refreshing library and metadata in Emby Server 4.10.1.0


Recommended Posts

ssybesma
Posted

I tend not to use Emby very much because it can be very difficult to use and by default tries to change metadata from the way I want it set. I don't want Emby to change anything.

It won't save New Library settings, which people have asked about for years. That is a big pain because there are so many options I have to turn off.

Before I sent this it turned out the folder with a mysterious name and only one file showing was actually the folder I wanted to show up but the name I gave the folder in Windows was much different.

The name Emby gave the folder was "Star Trek Season". The name I gave it in Windows was "Star Trek TOS (30+)".

When I deleted the Emby-named folder from the web interface, it took out all the files in the Windows folder I was trying to get to show up.

Hours of work wasted because your software makes no sense to me in how it displays folders!!!

I expect all folders and files in Emby to show exactly as Windows shows them.

Is that even possible? Emby works against what I want to do, and that is frustrating.

ssybesma
Posted

Another example of Emby's screwy behavior is a Windows folder named "Land of the Giants". Emby decided to call it "Scenes from DVD".

What's worse I can't override that decision. Emby has a mind of its own.

ssybesma
Posted (edited)

Is there anyway to delete libraries without deleting all my files as in my first post? Using Emby is total frustration!

Update:

After googling, there is apparently no way to delete libraries in Emby without also deleting all your files.

Edited by ssybesma
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ssybesma said:

s there anyway to delete libraries without deleting all my files as in my first post? Using Emby is total frustration!

Hi, if you want to remove a library from Emby without deleting your files you should be able to do this from your library settings.

image.png.9ba582f9b47d5a81b2ccda84c36d9f7d.png

Clciking the above Remove option gives a warning prompt and advises that your files will not be removed. 

image.png.4e7c7e407177e42d9a43a61efc38e694.png

As with all software applications/UIs there's a learning curve to finding your way around all the functions and options. Perhaps it's worth experimenting with small test libraries (and keeping backups) so you don't mess up your main media files. Cheers!

Edited by user24
Posted (edited)

I figured out the solution to two of my problems.

1. Go to the page where libraries are created. Click on the three-dot menu on the existing library. Click Remove. That keeps your files intact.

2. Create new library as content type "Home videos & photos". That prevents Emby from renaming folders and shows only what Windows shows.

I have control over this app now!

Edited by ssybesma

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...