PatrickStar 5 Posted 55 minutes ago Posted 55 minutes ago Basically, the Emby Theater app for Android seems to download whatever it wants. This is how i downloaded the content: Open the episode directly. Select the "HD" version. Press the download button. I did this to specifically ensure that Emby is not just downloading the UHD version when i download the whole season or multiple at once. I have these different versions for very different purposes. One 4K for my HDR capable devices and one 1080p for compatibility, lower bandwidth and most importantly situations where i want to watch SDR content. However, this is what i end up with in the Android app: As you can see, the app downloaded the 4K version and saved it as "- HD" which is wrong. If it downloads the best quality or "generic" it should omit the suffix or at least use the correct filename. The "Split Versions Apart" button does nothing but load because there is no other Version merged into this container format, it has the exact same size as the UHD file on the server. I would need an option to download the version >I< want. I wanted the HD version specifically because watching HDR content on a train on a sunny day is just not fun as my Pixel 9a just is not bright enough so in dark scenes i am looking like i am inspecting my smartphone very very thoroughly. Kind Regards
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now