Jump to content

Emby has stop and fails to record programs sellected directly on the "Guide".


Recommended Posts

Posted

Emby has stop and fails to record programs sellected directly on the "Guide", but does continue to sucessfully record the series programs that have been and remain on its schedule. I just updated the Dashboard on my QNAP TS-253Be (QTS 5.2.10.3577) to Emby ver. 4.10.1.0, and on Saturday night, Oct. 03, I have a recording "Scheduled" that was sellected directly on the "Guide". I will inform if it was sucesfully recorded, or if the anamoly continues. 

Rolando1948
Posted

    I waited until today 10/07/2026, on which I had selected directly on the Emby Guide, a recording of a PBS Nova program that was being aired at 9pm Eastern Time. As I stated in my previous message, the exact same behavior occurred, all my previously manually setup series daily recordings were performed and playback without any issues. But the Nova airing, despite appearing in the "Schedule" next to the other series recordings, Emby failed to record it. I had been observing this behavior with programing that I select to record directly on the "Guide". I am attaching the "log" and some photos, which despite my not knowing how to read and interpret the documented activities and events, I was able to scroll to time 20:50:00 and observed that the Nova recording was mentioned, put the cause and reason for the recording failure remains to be determined under your expertise. I am not sure when this abnormal behavior has stated, but as best than I can recall, until a few months ago, in addition the Emby successfully recording all my manually setup recordings, anything I would select on the "Guide" would also record without any issues. But as stated, if I currently select something on the "Guide", I do confirm that it does appears in the "Schedule", but fails to record. 20261007_195613.thumb.jpg.3c7f2812ea4fc6d60311b86baf5b352d.jpg20261007_214041.thumb.jpg.e8e0433196dbfe10c524c5b7f6a43717.jpg20261007_094900.thumb.jpg.68ecef65e61f3e0bf9c952717005a69c.jpgembyserver.txt

Posted

is your smb share offline?

2026-10-07 20:58:05.587 Error LiveTV: Error recording to 7a57034ce0fa4ed0a30c8ce885bf67f7 smb://10.0.0.95/TV_Record/NOVA (1974)/Season 53/NOVA S53E12 Space Wars.ts
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.10.1.0
	Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffdetect /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -pidfile /var/run/emby-server.pid -defaultdirectory /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.60-qnap (root@mini-builder-04) (x86_64-QNAP-linux-gnu-gcc (toolchain config: [gcc-4.9.2 binutils-2.25 glibc-2.21]) 4.9.2, GNU ld (G
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Framework: .NET 8.0.28
	Runtime: share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
	Application path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.DirectoryUnavailableException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.DirectoryUnavailableException: Path Not Found: 10.0.0.95\TV_Record\NOVA (1974)

 

Rolando1948
Posted

Well the Emby app and the folder for the recordings are both on the QNAP NAS, and I do not understand the reason of being asked if the NAS and/or its shared folders are offline, which they are not, they are 24/7 online, except for power outages, which when power returns, the NAS returns online and Emby continues to correctly respond to its schedule, of recording all the series and placing the them in the assigned NAS folder.  The anomaly that  I am reporting, is that Ebmy accepts and responds to one's selections on guide of programs to be recorded, that then appears as pending in the "schedule" next to the other series recordings, but then fails to "record" what was directly selected and "Schedule" in its "Guide, while it does continue to record and correctly save all the rest of the series recordings on the NAS. In summary, if one does not select anything directly in the "Guide", the abnormal behavior would not reveal itself, since all the other scheduled recordings are sucessful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...