karesama 0 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago About 3 months ago I transitioned from a fibre to the node to direct fibre nbn connection; Superloop is my ISP (Australia). DS Video continued working as normal, however I am still having trouble connecting remotely to emby. I have worked through the trouble shooting page for several weeks, ensuring that my local access is fine (which it is), and my ISP recently changed cgNAT so that I am now using a static IP (we also ensured there was no ISP blocking of emby). I have also ensured port forwarding is sorted on my router, and windows firewall settings are to the required emby settings. In the end I thought emby connect might assist but am still unable to listen to my music when away from my home Wi-Fi. Is there any other quirks I need to address, or is there something further I need to work through with my ISP?
Luke 43191 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago Quote In the end I thought emby connect might assist but am still unable to listen to my music when away from my home Wi-Fi. Hi there, what exactly happens when you try?
karesama 0 Posted 7 hours ago Author Posted 7 hours ago Hi Luke, thanks for reaching out. I am only trying through the app, it's worked fine for years. Post the ISP change, the error is the standard "Unable to Reach synology - We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again". The server is running.
seanbuff 1423 Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 30 minutes ago, karesama said: I have worked through the trouble shooting page for several weeks When you go to https://canyouseeme.org/ and do a port check on the port you have forwarded -- what is the result?
karesama 0 Posted 3 hours ago Author Posted 3 hours ago (edited) Hi @seanbuff, not good news, but hopefully getting a step closer to resolution: Error: I could not see your service on xxx.xxx.xx.xx on port (80) Edited 3 hours ago by karesama
seanbuff 1423 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, karesama said: Error: I could not see your service on xxx.xxx.xx.xx on port (80) Are you actually port forwarding on port 80 though? The default Emby http port is 8096
karesama 0 Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago Yes, I have port forwarding set up for 8096, here is the latest test with same error: on port (8096)
seanbuff 1423 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago OK then it means something along the chain is not allowing open communication to the public internet. I know you said you've been reviewing the Connectivity guide for weeks, which step in the Troubleshooting guide do you get unstuck? https://emby.media/support/articles/Connectivity.html#troubleshooting-external-connections Are you sure Superloop have given you a static IP? I myself am also on Superloop so I know for a fact that they do not block connections, however you need to explicitly ask to be removed from cgNAT. Have you confirmed you don't have a double NAT situation as per the guide? You're saying the only thing that changed is the ISP, so that's where I would be focusing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now