bob58523 0 Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago Hello, I retired my old emby server that has been running for over 6 years. I put together a new server (older parts) and it works great on the network in my house. But I cannot connect over the internet. It shows the new server (I do have premiere) if I use the android app, but cannot connect. If I do a manual connect with the remote IP address it does not connect. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Luke 43173 Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago Hi there, what exactly happens when you try? Connecting from Client Apps
bob58523 0 Posted 14 hours ago Author Posted 14 hours ago Sorry, forgot to mention I am using Zorin 18.1 pro
bob58523 0 Posted 14 hours ago Author Posted 14 hours ago When i use the android app it says unable to connect to the selected server right now. If I use a computer and web browser it says connection has timed out. It is the same modem, however the local ip address is different on the new server.
tollgate 10 Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago (edited) Have you updated port forwarding on your router as you say the new server has a new local IP address? Or perhaps give your new server the same IP address as the old one. Edited 7 hours ago by tollgate
bkettering 3 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago on top of the port forward, check the linux firewall. ufw or firewalld will block 8096/8920 even if the router is right. "sudo ufw allow 8096/tcp" if you use ufw. also in emby settings > network make sure remote connections are allowed and the public port matches what you forwarded
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now