spamrunny825 0 Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Hi guys, I don't know if I'm in the good forum, but I'm having a hard time with the Emby Roku app. When it ask for my server, I put my server DNS/URL, I can see my server name, so I put my credentials (I tested mine + a new one I create to try) and it says "Wrong credentials" and in the logs there no mentions of a failed connection or anything. But when I put my IP, now it's working. Problem is the IP changes each time my modem restart so that's why I want to use the URL. Having any thoughts ? Thanks guys !
Luke 43188 Posted September 10 Posted September 10 hi, are you sure you entered the correct dns/url ? is any part of the connection running through a vpn?
spamrunny825 0 Posted September 10 Author Posted September 10 Yes I am sure, like I said my server name appear after I entered the URL and the VPN is on the server, could it be that ? URL don't work but IP Address does ?
Luke 43188 Posted September 10 Posted September 10 maybe the vpn is interfering with the login process. it's probably a good idea to start without it and then add it into the picture once you have things working.
spamrunny825 0 Posted September 10 Author Posted September 10 (edited) Not working, says Access token is invalid or expired Edited September 10 by spamrunny825
Luke 43188 Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
Solution spamrunny825 0 Posted September 10 Author Solution Posted September 10 I did more troubleshooting from my side and found the problem. I have a free DNS for my server and my friend is hosting it. But he didn't told me he was doing reverse proxy in his equipment so that's why my port number was good for my ip but not my DNS Thanks again for your help, sorry for wasting your time
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now