Lane03 17 Posted September 9 Posted September 9 (edited) Not sure when this happened, but I do see a new version was released and looking at my Emby-Server\Updates folder, it looks like my Emby server auto-upgraded to this version last night. I can access Emby just fine using my Android and Roku apps, but when I attempt to do so on the Emby Server (Windows 11), it takes me to the new setup wizard as if it's a new installation. Both Emby Server and Windows 11 are set to auto-update and this is the only user account on this machine. Emby is NOT running as a service. Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to have to set this up from scratch as I've been running this for 10+ years now and that would be a pretty big pain lol. EDIT: Was able to get the server paths from the Android Emby app, all the paths are correct. Edited September 9 by Lane03
ebr 16848 Posted September 9 Posted September 9 15 minutes ago, Lane03 said: but when I attempt to do so on the Emby Server Hi. Exactly how are you doing that? What happens if you use a browser on a different machine?
Solution GrimReaper 5180 Posted September 9 Solution Posted September 9 (edited) 22 minutes ago, Lane03 said: when I attempt to do so on the Emby Server (Windows 11), it takes me to the new setup wizard as if it's a new installation Hm, something might have triggered StartupWizard flag reset. You can try shutting down your server, go to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\config" folder and edit system.xml file, change tag: <IsStartupWizardCompleted>false</IsStartupWizardCompleted> to <IsStartupWizardCompleted>true</IsStartupWizardCompleted> Save edited file, restart server. Edited September 9 by GrimReaper 1
Lane03 17 Posted September 9 Author Posted September 9 Hi ebr. I'm right clicking on the emby icon in the task bar and selecting (browse library). The path it takes me to is http://localhost:8096/web/index.html which is auto redirected to http://localhost:8096/web/index.html?start=wizard#!/wizard/wizardstart.html. Going to http://192.168.1.105:8096/web/index.html (ip address of the Emby server) on another computer also brings me to the "welcome to emby setup wizard"
Lane03 17 Posted September 9 Author Posted September 9 2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said: Hm, something might have triggered StartupWizard flag reset. You can try shutting down your server, go to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\config" folder and edit system.xml file, change: IsStartupWizardCompleted>false</IsStartupWizardCompleted> to IsStartupWizardCompleted>true</IsStartupWizardCompleted> Save, restart server. I don't have a programdata folder. My explorer view shows all hidden and system files btw.
GrimReaper 5180 Posted September 9 Posted September 9 @LukeHow did all folders ended up nested under main server folder? 3 minutes ago, Lane03 said: I don't have a programdata folder. It is either a really old install/incremental update or something has got amiss there in the update process; anyway (as your server seems to be running as it's accessible from other devices), do you have system.xml there under \config subfolder? 1
Lane03 17 Posted September 9 Author Posted September 9 2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said: @LukeHow did all folders ended up nested under main server folder? It is either a really old install/incremental update or something has got amiss there in the update process; anyway (as your server seems to be running as it's accessible from other devices), do you have system.xml there under \config subfolder? You rock! system.xml was under the \config subfolder. I changed the flag from false to true and looks good now! 1
Lane03 17 Posted September 9 Author Posted September 9 (edited) 3 minutes ago, ebr said: Yeah, what version were you running before...? 4.9.5.0. But my initial install was over 10 years ago. Edited September 9 by Lane03
Lane03 17 Posted September 9 Author Posted September 9 (edited) @GrimReaperthanks again for the quick fix! @ebrand @Luke, being that it sounds like my directory structure is "non standard", any recommendations or suggestions to avoid any update issues in the future? I don't mind uninstalling and re-installing emby if necessary, providing I can migrate over my config and not have to re-setup my users/libraries... Edited September 9 by Lane03
Luke 43201 Posted September 9 Posted September 9 19 minutes ago, Lane03 said: You rock! system.xml was under the \config subfolder. I changed the flag from false to true and looks good now! HI, you also could just step through the wizard and do nothing other than press next on every step and that would have been fine. 1
Luke 43201 Posted September 9 Posted September 9 6 minutes ago, Lane03 said: @GrimReaperthanks again for the quick fix! @ebr, @GrimReaper, @Lukebeing that it sounds like my directory structure is "non standard", any recommendations or suggestions to avoid any update issues in the future? I don't mind uninstalling and re-installing emby if necessary, providing I can migrate over my config and not have to re-setup my users/libraries... How is it non-standard?
Lane03 17 Posted September 9 Author Posted September 9 1 minute ago, Luke said: HI, you also could just step through the wizard and do nothing other than press next on every step and that would have been fine. Good to know! I was worried doing so could mess up the current settings/database, so I figured better to come here first before proceeding. 1 minute ago, Luke said: How is it non-standard? Maybe I misunderstood, but GrimReamer seemed to think my folder structure was odd since I didn't have a "emby-server\programdata" folder.
ebr 16848 Posted September 9 Posted September 9 Just now, Lane03 said: Maybe I misunderstood, but GrimReamer seemed to think my folder structure was odd since I didn't have a "emby-server\programdata" folder. "Legacy" is probably a better description. We changed the structure a long time ago but should still support the flat layout you have (obviously, with a few quirks...). 1
Luke 43201 Posted September 10 Posted September 10 So you must go through this on every server update then, right?
Lane03 17 Posted September 10 Author Posted September 10 No, this was the first time this ever occurred. For the first several years I manually installed the emby updates but for the last 3-5 years emby has been set to automatically update, never had a single issue until this recent update. Hopefully it was just a one time glitch. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now