IAmHugh 85 Posted September 8 Posted September 8 Is there a tutorial for Emby to be added to Podman? After doing research I decided that for my containers I did not want Docker with Portainer. One less layer and rootless.
Luke 43192 Posted September 10 Posted September 10 OK, would the normal docker install process be sufficient then?
vonnatur 2 Posted September 11 Posted September 11 On 9/8/2026 at 8:16 AM, IAmHugh said: Is there a tutorial for Emby to be added to Podman? After doing research I decided that for my containers I did not want Docker with Portainer. One less layer and rootless. Hi, with you have podman and podman-compose, create this compose.yaml: services: emby: image: docker.io/emby/embyserver@sha256:3aafff933d3f28d23ed0bc201022abe71c0aa80deb17177566c726b9bbc686c6 container_name: embyserver network_mode: host environment: - UID=1000 - GID=100 - GIDLIST=100 - NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=all - NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=compute,video,utility volumes: - ./emby/data:/config:z - /mnt/external_disk:/mnt/:rw devices: - nvidia.com/gpu=all restart: unless-stopped I has runnning this compose, for a long time (remember this compose in volumes setup for my homelab, in you case check volume setting). 1 1
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 12 Author Posted September 12 I had my stack built for me so I'll have to compare with one of the apps compose.yaml file. I think for my use it would be. However I did not realize any info for the GPU was included. I have a Radeon 9070. services: emby: image: docker.io/emby/embyserver@sha256:3aafff933d3f28d23ed0bc201022abe71c0aa80deb17177566c726b9bbc686c6 container_name: embyserver network_mode: host environment: - UID=1000 - GID=100 - GIDLIST=100 - NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=all - NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=compute,video,utility volumes: - ./emby/data:/config:z - /mnt/Podman/mnt/:rw devices: - nvidia.com/gpu=all restart: unless-stopped 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now