chowbok 137 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 Not a big deal, just curious: when Emby shows a trailer for a movie, where does it get the name of the trailer from? It doesn't seem to be derived from either the trailer's filename or its embedded title.
Luke 43201 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 Hi, older versions might have just grabbed the trailer file name. Newer versions base it on movie name, so it depends on when it was imported into your library. 1
chowbok 137 Posted September 6 Author Posted September 6 Okay, interesting. Any way I can reset them? Some just are called "trailer".
Luke 43201 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 You could refresh the metadata on the movie that it belongs to.
Smitty018210 200 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 (edited) On 9/6/2026 at 2:52 AM, chowbok said: Okay, interesting. Any way I can reset them? Some just are called "trailer". I had this same issue. I just started naming files like this. Example: 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)-Trailer.mp4 Edited September 7 by Smitty018210
visproduction 374 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 (edited) It use to be that the trailer name shown is whatever comes after a dash "-". For your Emby version it is probably the dash, that is causing the name to be shortened. That may have been fixed with the latest beta. But then, I just stopped using a dash in the trailer name, when I noticed this issue. Try removing the dash. Edited September 7 by visproduction
Smitty018210 200 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 3 hours ago, Neminem said: I put trailers in there own folder. Yeah same.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now