IAmHugh 85 Posted August 23 Posted August 23 Having a issue with backup. I have tried a manual backups, reset the time and waited and nothing. embyserver.txt
IAmHugh 85 Posted August 24 Author Posted August 24 It clearly states what the issue is, and I provided the log files.
Luke 43192 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 What do you mean by reset the time? What do you mean by nothing?
GrimReaper 5176 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 (edited) 19 hours ago, IAmHugh said: Having a issue with backup. I have tried a manual backups, reset the time and waited and nothing. Seems like a permission issue or backup path pointed at the wrong folder. Quote 2026-08-23 11:32:00.920 Info TaskManager: Executing Emby Server Backup 2026-08-23 11:32:00.934 Error TaskManager: Error *** Error Report *** Version: 4.10.0.27 Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 Operating system: Linux version 7.1.9-zen1-2-zen (linux-zen@archlinux) (gcc (GCC) 16.2.1 20260810, GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.47) #1 ZEN SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri, 21 Aug 20 OS/Process: x64/x64 Framework: .NET 8.0.30 Runtime: usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/8.0.30/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 16 Data path: /var/lib/emby Application path: /usr/lib/emby-server System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Read-only file system : '/mnt/My Files/Television/Last Night's/embyserver-backup-full' Edited August 24 by GrimReaper
IAmHugh 85 Posted August 24 Author Posted August 24 I honestly don't get that cause that is not a read only file system. I and the system have full access to everything on my external drives, and I'm assuming Emby has full access since it can scan my media and create libraries without issue. That said that's a old path. A new one would be /mnt/My Files/Docs/Backups/Emby Backups/. I just corrected the path and I'm still getting the error.
Luke 43192 Posted August 25 Posted August 25 Quote I honestly don't get that cause that is not a read only file system. That may be true, but emby server has only readonly access to it. Quote and I'm assuming Emby has full access since it can scan my media and create libraries without issue. Your media folders and backup folders are two different things, each with their own sets of permissions. Quote I just corrected the path and I'm still getting the error. What exactly did you do?
IAmHugh 85 Posted August 26 Author Posted August 26 Sorry fir the late reply I didn't get notified of your post for some reason. All I did was go in and set the backup location and then set the time I wanted the back up. That by rights should be all I should have had to do.
IAmHugh 85 Posted August 27 Author Posted August 27 (edited) Can someone walk me through this with my setup? /mnt/My Files/Docs/Backups/Emby Backups/ Username: iamhugh Edited August 27 by IAmHugh
Luke 43192 Posted August 29 Posted August 29 On 8/26/2026 at 4:25 AM, IAmHugh said: Sorry for the late reply I didn't get notified of your post for some reason. All I did was go in and set the backup location and then set the time I wanted the back up. That by rights should be all I should have had to do. That is not all you have to do. You have to make sure to choose a location that the server process has permission to write to.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now