Emby Releases 165 Posted August 23 Posted August 23 Emby for Android 3.5.48 Released Changes 3.5.48 Improve syncing of watch data for downloaded content Core UI Changes from 26.0.13 to 26.0.14 Improve loading dialog Improve detail screen transitions Add context menu button for collections to view missing items (requires Emby Server 4.10.0.24+)
averrkn0t 7 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 This new release has killed 4K playback. 4K media won't play at all, have tried it on Nvidia Shild, FireTV, and Android phone.
averrkn0t 7 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 It seems to be reading 4K as 1080p. To fix the issue I had to change the quality from auto to 4k-40 Mbps. Shouldn't have had to do that.
Lessaj 580 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Not seeing any issues with 4K content playback on my Shield or Pixel 7 Pro with quality set to Auto. Logs?
averrkn0t 7 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 @Luke Help please. This new release has killed my 4K playback. 4K media freezes then won't play at all, have tried it on Nvidia Shild, FireTV, and Android phone. To fix playback I had to switch the quality from auto to 4k-40Mbp. Thank you. emby_android_1787798365872.txt
Luke 43182 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 34 minutes ago, averrkn0t said: @Luke Help please. This new release has killed my 4K playback. 4K media freezes then won't play at all, have tried it on Nvidia Shild, FireTV, and Android phone. To fix playback I had to switch the quality from auto to 4k-40Mbp. Thank you. emby_android_1787798365872.txt 302.9 kB · 1 download There are no playback related changes. Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
averrkn0t 7 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 59 minutes ago, Luke said: There are no playback related changes. Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks! emby_android_1787804758469.txt
averrkn0t 7 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 6 minutes ago, averrkn0t said: emby_android_1787804758469.txt 195.55 kB · 0 downloads I was playing a 4K tv show, and it transcoded it to 720p, sometimes it transcode it to 1080p but wouldn't play it at its true 4K. This didn't start happening until I updated the app. Screen_Recording_20260826_214143_Emby.mp4
Luke 43182 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 1 minute ago, averrkn0t said: I was playing a 4K tv show, and it transcoded it to 720p, sometimes it transcode it to 1080p but wouldn't play it at its true 4K. This didn't start happening until I updated the app. Screen_Recording_20260826_214143_Emby.mp4 Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
Teddyknuddel 147 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 Can’t you sort yourselves out, or why are you releasing a new version almost every day?
averrkn0t 7 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 (edited) 12 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said: Can’t you sort yourselves out, or why are you releasing a new version almost every day? I didn't have this issue until I updated. No settings changed on my end, just updated. I wonder if tests are being done across multiple devices before an updated release. I'll probably just roll back to the version that was working for me. Edited August 27 by averrkn0t
Luke 43182 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 12 minutes ago, averrkn0t said: I didn't have this issue until I updated. No settings changed on my end, just updated. I wonder if tests are being done across multiple devices before an updated release. I'll probably just roll back to the version that was working for me. Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
Teddyknuddel 147 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 1 hour ago, averrkn0t said: I didn't have this issue until I updated. No settings changed on my end, just updated. I wonder if tests are being done across multiple devices before an updated release. I'll probably just roll back to the version that was working for me. I reckon it’s more a case of the user having to test it. They pay money for the app and/or a subscription, and on top of that they get to act as a guinea pig. And then they’re asked to kindly send in the log. That way, the programmer saves themselves the testing phase.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now