Patricksp 2 Posted August 21 Posted August 21 I keep getting cache file cleanup Failed, I went into the appdata (which is a pain) and to tried to cleanup the file or folder and delete it, but I can't delete it. I tried a ton of different ways to delete i, keep getting permission denied and the ownership of the files and folder was ????????? which I know is not good, because everthing else was emby. I am scrubbing the data but I am not sure what else to do. all the drives are healthy but will do an extended test later,
Luke 43180 Posted August 21 Posted August 21 Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
Patricksp 2 Posted August 22 Author Posted August 22 (edited) this is what I see and I have tried to delete it and I can't, I have deleted all the files in the cache but this file Edited August 22 by Patricksp
Luke 43180 Posted August 22 Posted August 22 input/output error could be a lot of things. could be something wrong with the storage device, could just be the server being denied permission to it. permissions could be a good place to start. i'm not sure how the server could have lost permission, but one thing you could try is deleting the cache folder and letting the server recreate it. So that's /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/cache
Patricksp 2 Posted August 22 Author Posted August 22 I have deleted every file in the cache except for the tvdb/75545 because it wouldn't let me. I have tried everything it runs fine. I am doing a Data Scrub right now
noybman 11 Posted August 22 Posted August 22 I think you tagged me on this one @luke. I already cleared my cache folder out, thats not an issue. (and recent transcodes worked fine). The log I posted was for a folder that didnt even exist in my cache.
Patricksp 2 Posted August 22 Author Posted August 22 I keep getting error messages on trying to delete this one folder and nothing works.
Patricksp 2 Posted August 23 Author Posted August 23 On 8/22/2026 at 1:24 AM, Luke said: what message? this one
Luke 43180 Posted August 23 Posted August 23 But that’s the scheduled task inside Emby. You said you were getting an error message trying to delete the folder. What was that? I’m asking you to delete the folder outside of Emby first and they try again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now