Juanrendon 4 Posted August 12 Posted August 12 Hi, I'm having an issue with Emby when trying to delete a user. Whenever I try to delete the user, Emby shows the following error: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RemoteServiceUnavailableException' was thrown. Because of this error, I'm unable to delete the user. Has anyone experienced this issue before or knows how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Luke 43201 Posted August 12 Posted August 12 Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 5 Author Posted September 5 Hubo un error al ejecutar la operación solicitada. Su servidor no puede contactar nuestro servidor de Emby Connect en https://connect.emby.media. Por favor asegúrese de que su servidor tiene una conection a internet activa y que el firewall o software de seguridad permita la comunicación.
Luke 43201 Posted September 5 Posted September 5 38 minutes ago, Juanrendon said: There was an error performing the requested operation. Your server cannot contact our Emby Connect server at https://connect.emby.media. Please ensure your server has an active internet connection and that your firewall or security software allows communication. Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 Hi, can you guide me through this problem? How could I solve it?
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 This appears when trying to delete a user. Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'ConnectServerId')
Luke 43201 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 22 Author Posted September 22 Emby Server version: 4.8.10.0 Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 22.04, kernel 5.15.0-130-generic) .NET Runtime: 6.0.31 Installation type: Native .deb package Issue: I'm unable to delete certain users from the web dashboard. The following error is logged when the delete request fails: System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'ConnectServerId') at Emby.Server.Connect.ConnectManager.CancelAuthorizationByConnectUserId(String connectUserId) at Emby.Server.Connect.ConnectManager.RemoveConnect(User user, String connectUserId) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.DeleteUser(User user) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken) Source: Emby.Server.Connect TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
Luke 43201 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 OK I would suggest updating to Emby Server 4.9 or later.
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 22 Author Posted September 22 I currently have Emby Server 4.8.10.0 installed on Ubuntu 22.04 as a native .deb package. I plan to download version 4.9.5.0 using: wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.9.5.0/emby-server-deb_4.9.5.0_amd64.deb After downloading the .deb, should I simply run: sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_4.9.5.0_amd64.deb to upgrade the existing installation?
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 22 Author Posted September 22 Thanks! With the new version 4.9.5.0, I can now delete users successfully, so that issue is resolved. However, I still cannot create new users using Emby Connect. I get this error: “Error adding Emby Connect account. Have you already created an Emby account? Register at https://emby.media/connect.” So the problem is now only with adding/creating users through Emby Connect. Any idea what could be causing this issue or what I should check?
Luke 43201 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Has an account been created for the email address that you're trying to add?
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 23 Author Posted September 23 Yes, of course; in fact, if I try to create the user on another server, it works fine. But on this one, that error appears. I'm not sure if the issue lies with my server or with a corrupted installation file.
Luke 43201 Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
ebr 16848 Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Hi. Did you clone or restore this server from another one?
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 23 Author Posted September 23 That's right; I cloned this server from another one—something I've done before without issues—and you just have to delete the files rm connect.txt rm device.txt before starting Emby, and it works perfectly. However, I did the same thing with this server; everything was fine at first, but over time, these problems started to appear.
ebr 16848 Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Try shutting down the server and removing device.txt again. This will cause you to need to re-connect any Connect accounts.
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 I just did that, and now things are worse; it won't accept my Emby Premiere key—it just keeps spinning.
Juanrendon 4 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 I see that the rm connect.txt file is missing from this server.
ebr 16848 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 14 minutes ago, Juanrendon said: it won't accept my Emby Premiere key—it just keeps spinning. Check firewall and network permissions. That may be your problem all along because Connect isn't going to work if the server can't get out to the internet. This will help: On 9/22/2026 at 10:08 PM, Luke said: Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now