RedNo7 36 Posted August 3 Posted August 3 Am I able to start playback on my 89yr old mum's AppleTV (who sometimes struggles with finding things or selecting the right episode etc)? She lives remotely but has access to my server. I'd accept being able to put the right show front and centre on her AppleTV so she only has to press play.
Luke 43182 Posted August 3 Posted August 3 Hi, in many cases yes you can start playback on another device using the cast feature. Try opening the web app and clicking the cast icon in the upper right. 1
RedNo7 36 Posted August 3 Author Posted August 3 Even if the device is remote? …will try that, thanks?
Luke 43182 Posted August 25 Posted August 25 7 hours ago, RedNo7 said: Thanks, but doesn't seem to work for AppleTV HI there, can you please provide a specific example? How to Report a Problem Thanks !
RedNo7 36 Posted August 25 Author Posted August 25 absolutely - happy to do that, but tomorrow now - cheers. 1
SoliFlix 31 Posted August 26 Posted August 26 As soon as she opens the Emby app on her AppleTV and is signed in, her device should appear when you tap the cast icon on your device. Select her device, and now it should be displayed next to the cast icon. You can then start a movie or TV show from your library, and it should play on her device. Assuming you've enabled the option in your user profile
RedNo7 36 Posted August 26 Author Posted August 26 Hi, thanks @SoliFlix! That's what I did do but nothing happened. I'll be at hers tomorrow and can try again and see what does happen.
RedNo7 36 Posted August 30 Author Posted August 30 sorry, the weather postponed my visit. I will reply here when I try it - should be in the next few days though. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now