EncryptedCity 20 Posted July 31 Posted July 31 (edited) EmbyVision OCR is a standalone OCR service designed to improve credits detection for Emby libraries. It runs separately from Emby in Docker and analyzes video frames using OCR to help identify end credits. Note: This is not an Emby plugin. It is a standalone companion service designed to work with Emby Credits Detector integrations. Features Lightweight design with minimal resource requirements, approx. 1.89GB pulled Consuming approx. 345.2MiB - 3.5GB RAM while in use. CPU-only OCR processing No GPU required No NVIDIA drivers required No CUDA setup required AI-powered OCR using PaddleOCR Designed for Emby Credits Detector workflows Docker-based deployment No database required No persistent appdata storage required Self-contained container image Simple Docker Compose installation Optimized for self-hosted media servers Optimized for fast CPU-only OCR processing Container Image The official CPU-only container image is available through GitHub Container Registry. This release is CPU-only and does not include GPU acceleration. GitHub Repository https://github.com/encryptedcity/embyvision-ocr Docker Installation Docker Run docker run -d \ --name embyvision-ocr \ --restart unless-stopped \ -p 8000:8000 \ ghcr.io/encryptedcity/embyvision-ocr:latest Docker Compose Installation Create: docker-compose.yml Add: services: embyvision-ocr: image: ghcr.io/encryptedcity/embyvision-ocr:latest container_name: embyvision-ocr restart: unless-stopped ports: - "8000:8000" Start the container: docker compose up -d This image does not require: NVIDIA Container Toolkit CUDA libraries GPU passthrough GPU device mappings Compatibility Tested with Docker deployments Runs well on Unraid CPU-only operation makes it compatible with systems without dedicated AI hardware Suitable for self-hosted Emby servers Edited July 31 by EncryptedCity Banner
enterpr1se 3 Posted September 20 Posted September 20 Hi, Is the Docker image ghcr.io/encryptedcity/embyvision-ocr:latest still available? I tried pulling it, but it returned a "404 Not Found" error.
EncryptedCity 20 Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 Yes, it is still available I just pulled it. ghcr.io/encryptedcity/embyvision-ocr:latest
EncryptedCity 20 Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 Hi, information for everyone. the new plugin can be downloaded here. https://github.com/encryptedcity/EmbyVision-Credits The message below is no longer current. Please use the correct plugin. EmbyVision Credits plugin. Note: This is not an Emby plugin. It is a standalone companion service designed to work with Emby Credits Detector integrations.
enterpr1se 3 Posted September 21 Posted September 21 2 hours ago, EncryptedCity said: Yes, it is still available I just pulled it. ghcr.io/encryptedcity/embyvision-ocr:latest Hi, I just tried pulling it again, but I'm still getting the error. Could you double-check if the repository visibility or image permissions are set to public?
EncryptedCity 20 Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 (edited) 41 minutes ago, enterpr1se said: Hi, I just tried pulling it again, but I'm still getting the error. Could you double-check if the repository visibility or image permissions are set to public? Retry pulling now. ghcr.io/encryptedcity/embyvision-ocr:latest it should work. They have been changed to public. Edited September 21 by EncryptedCity
enterpr1se 3 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 17 hours ago, EncryptedCity said: Retry pulling now. ghcr.io/encryptedcity/embyvision-ocr:latest it should work. They have been changed to public. Thanks! I can pull the Docker image now. However, I’m having trouble starting the container—my NAS only has 12GB of RAM, which might not be enough.
EncryptedCity 20 Posted September 22 Author Posted September 22 (edited) The container needs time to download and initialize. Check the logs, I would not suspect the 12GB ram is your problem. docker logs -f embyvision-ocr Edited September 22 by EncryptedCity
EncryptedCity 20 Posted September 22 Author Posted September 22 This is what the logs should look like embyvision-ocr | INFO: Uvicorn running on http://0.0.0.0:8000 It also shows the ram usage. Approx 350-500 MiB during startup. Here is a video of pulling the container and what to expect. ScreenRecorderProject25.mp4
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now