gluk147 6 Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Hi everyone. Any ideas what the problem might be? Emby Server version 4.10.20. For playback, I tried the Emby Android and Emby for Android TV apps—the latest versions from the Google Play Store. I tested about six different movies; all used the AV1 video codec and Dolby Atmos TrueHD audio. In all cases, the streaming boxes were connected directly to a Samsung HW-930F soundbar. The boxes I tested were the Xiaomi Mi Box 3, Ugoos SK-01, and Homatics Box 4R; the problem was the same on all of them. Between the 55- and 65-minute mark, a severe audio-video desync occurs (a lag of about 2 seconds). If I watch the same movies on the Google TV Streamer, there are no such issues—though that device doesn't output TrueHD audio. The problem only occurs in the Emby apps; everything works perfectly via Vimu and Kodi. I checked the server logs, but there are no errors.
Luke 43167 Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!
gluk147 6 Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 (edited) To clear the logs, I restarted the server at 20:00 before the test. I started playing the movie at 20:01. The audio began to lag at approximately 21:00 (around the 58–59 minute mark). Device: Xiaomi Mi Box 3. I am attaching the server logs and information about the video file. 2026-07-28 21:00:29.440 Info SessionManager: Playback progress (Pause) I stopped playback myself at that point, after the lag had started. embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63920865587.txt Супермен 2025 (TrueHD Atmos).mkv.MediaInfo.txt Edited July 28 by gluk147
gluk147 6 Posted 33 minutes ago Author Posted 33 minutes ago Hi everyone, I’m facing a persistent audio-video synchronization issue with Dolby TrueHD Atmos tracks in the official Emby for Android / Android TV app, and I wanted to share logs and details to help track it down. The Problem: When playing media with a Dolby TrueHD Atmos audio track (bitstreamed/passthrough), the audio and video lose sync gradually. The desync starts to become noticeable right around 54–55 minutes into playback (drifting by about 2 seconds). If I jump backward by 10 seconds, the sync temporarily recovers, but the drift continues over time. Other players work fine: Playing the exact same files through Kodi or ViMu Player on the same hardware has zero sync issues. Scope & Environment: Issue reproduced on 4 different devices: Ugoos AM9 Pro, Xiaomi Mi Box 3, Homatics Box R 4K Plus, and Ugoos SK1. The behavior is identical across all of them. Emby for Android version: Latest version from the Google Play Store. Emby Server version: 4.10 Beta. Audio Setup: Bitstream (Passthrough) via HDMI to a Dolby Atmos-compatible soundbar (Samsung HW-Q930F). What the Logs Show: I captured a debug log during playback using ADB: adb logcat -v time | grep -i -E "emby|exoplayer|audio|codec|video" > emby_debug_logs.txt Looking into the logs around the desync point, the system audio HAL shows regular adjustments, and we can spot warnings from AudioTrack such as: W/AudioTrack: getTimestamp_l: retrograde timestamp position corrected It seems that during long playback sessions of heavy TrueHD Atmos streams, the ExoPlayer / Android MediaCodec passthrough pipeline slowly loses precise PTS alignment, whereas other media players handle this seamlessly. I have attached the debug log files to this post. Any insights, workarounds, or fixes from the dev team would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, emby_debug_logs.txt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now